Rotax has ended the 582 product line.

That is sad news. The combination of low purchase price, light wieght and excellent reliability for aircraft like the Thruster and Drifter will be missed.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

They stopped building new ones last year with the start of Covid, they are selling factory inventory stock at the moment, this is expected to last till the end of 2021.   You must be reading a different report to me ?

Edited by FlyBoy1960

• 1 month later...

I am in the process of ordering a complete new 582 from Bert Flood.  Gary told me it will arrive Jan ‘22 delivery.

Just sorting out the gearbox and additional parts, radiators, muffler etc etc.

My  Thruster is going to get its makeover 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jackc said:

I am in the process of ordering a complete new 582 from Bert Flood.  Gary told me it will arrive Jan ‘22 delivery.

Just sorting out the gearbox and additional parts, radiators, muffler etc etc.

My  Thruster is going to get its makeover 🙂

I learned this week that Wingtech in NSW maybe closing at the end of the year, they are hopeful a younger person will take it on, if not it is another loss of support for rag and tube types. I have their skins on my t500 and they are superb.  http://www.wingtech.com.au/page5.htm

• Like 1

On 23/07/2021 at 2:04 AM, FlyBoy1960 said:

Hirth are no longer made from the last news i heard,  that was about 2 years ago.  The new Yamaha might fit that market perfectly !

Personal friend of mine in the U.S. just ordered a new Aerolite 103 with Hirth 23 for delivery in 12 months time.