ASIC AGAIN!!!

Complicated. 

It must be ' D ' learning " Morse code ", takes two people

( transmission & recipient ) over that cup of " latte ". To help you pass the " radio transmitting " licence.  It should be good for ' most ' transmitters .

spacesailor

• Informative 1

On 15/02/2024 at 6:52 AM, KRviator said:

I've long held the opposite view. Granted those of us in flying, or other industries that make us a target could make things easier for your average psycho, but there's enough information out there for any dedicated nutjob to do significant damage without assistance from those of us on the inside of whatever industry. And a lot of it is available from the likes of the NTSB/ATSB or scientific articles & datasheets.

If you're a truly dedicated terrorist group, you're going to have people doing significant research on the pros and cons of each method of martyrdom to get the best bang for your body and there's enough information out there for almost any industry to let you do so - it'll just take a little more time to collate than if we were to discuss it here.

I was of the same view, until I gained the shotfirer's licence; by that time, I had acquired a wide base of knowledge on backyard preparation of a range of explosives and detonators, from publicly available sources.

A shotfirer is responsible for maintaining the safety of the public w.r.t. explosives; and it was shown that keeping quiet about the nuts & bolts was of great import, because the record shows that terrorists, even more than criminals, don't use homemade explosives in IED, in the vast majority of cases.

The fact that terrorists have not yet used any of the methodologies that I dreamed up after 11/9, does not support your position. Remember, Baader/Meihoff were journalism students; science was beyond them...

• Like 1
  • Informative 1