Online Aviation Shopping

RossK

I recently ordered and paid for 3 items from an Australian owend online aviation shop.

The following day I received an email saying they could no longer source 2 of the items and the third item had increased in price and I would have to pay more than the advertised and invoiced price. They also offered a full refund, which I accepted and provided payment details.

7 weeks later and several emails later, I haven't received my refund and they no longer answer my emails or return my phone calls.

I won't name the shop just yet, as I'm still trying to work it out with them.

I paid by EFT as I've dealt with them before and thought they were trustworthy, should have paid by credit card in hindsight.

It's the first time I've been dudded by an online shop.

Buyer beware.

• Like 1
  • Informative 5

I found while I built and flew 2 aircraft that buying in Australia resulted in prices about double and delivery times slower than buying from Aircraft Spruce in the US/ When CASA decreed that control cable ends had to be replaced I priced in Aus. and USA. USA was one third the price with quicker delivery.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

Don't order anything to be sent by Australia Post. It's likely to wrack up more frequent flyer miles than weatherman Sam Mac, and may still not be delivered. People have paid for Express Post and had their items lost for weeks, sometimes never recieved. And compensation is about $200, not the value of the goods.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RossK said:

I recently ordered and paid for 3 items from an Australian owend online aviation shop.

The following day I received an email saying they could no longer source 2 of the items and the third item had increased in price and I would have to pay more than the advertised and invoiced price. They also offered a full refund, which I accepted and provided payment details.

7 weeks later and several emails later, I haven't received my refund and they no longer answer my emails or return my phone calls.

I won't name the shop just yet, as I'm still trying to work it out with them.

I paid by EFT as I've dealt with them before and thought they were trustworthy, should have paid by credit card in hindsight.

It's the first time I've been dudded by an online shop.

Buyer beware.

All my items online cone from the USA.

The freight cost is horendous but at least the goods arrive and come with a tracking number.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, red750 said:

Don't order anything to be sent by Australia Post. It's likely to wrack up more frequent flyer miles than weatherman Sam Mac, and may still not be delivered. People have paid for Express Post and had their items lost for weeks, sometimes never recieved. And compensation is about $200, not the value of the goods.

Aus post are terrible;

Example 1:

I ordered a wetsuit and sailing gloves for my wife. the Gloves came from a shop in Elizabeth St, Melbourne - 3 weeks, the Wetsuit from an online shop in the UK, 4 days.

Example 2:

We installed some equipment in the Aus Post Sunshine Distribution centre a few years back. When we went out to measure up, I noticed 2 packages sitting in the catch nets under the overhead conveyors, the catch nets are about 3m above the ground. 5 weeks later when we went to install the equipment, the packages were still there.

• Informative 2

5 hours ago, RossK said:

I noticed 2 packages sitting in the catch nets under the overhead conveyors, the catch nets are about 3m above the ground. 5 weeks later when we went to install the equipment, the packages were still there.

Could you please ask them to send my parcels, they have been lost for about that long. 

A set of driving lights for the wagon and a winter coat.    Winter will be over if they ever arrive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FlyBoy1960 said:

Winter will be over if they ever arrive.

You won't need it, global warming will make winter coats obsolete🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RossK said:

You won't need it, global warming will make winter coats obsolete🤣

I am in Queesnland, any day less than 24 degrees is winter. 

Please help !     It was only 21 degrees today.   😉

• Like 1

Passports don't get lost in the mail, they generally get stolen. Passports are gold for crims, just like new credit cards in the mail. I'm surprised both these items aren't sent by registered and signed-for mail.

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, onetrack said:

I'm surprised both these items aren't sent by registered and signed-for mail.

Wouldn't matter if they were. AP would still find some way to lose them. My wife's death certificate was sent by registered post, requiring a signature. Most places these days that require a signature use iPhone sized touch screen devices on which you record an unrecognisable scrawl. At least the certificate arrived, but when I went to sign for it the postie said "I'll sign for you. We don't do that any more. Covid, you know." 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Complaint lodged on Australia Post Complaints Facebook page.

"Sent a two headlights a bit ago I packed them well with form, bubble wrap, packing bubbles 
Arrived at the buyers place with the box flatten and the headlights got broken and the thing is I taped it with the fragile tape and wrote on it please don’t drop glass inside
Got hold of post office and didn’t want to take the blame"

and another:

"Mailed an Express Post envelope from Kangaroo Flat Vic to Mundulla SA last Saturday.
So far it's been sent to Naracoorte twice, then back to Adelaide.
Absolutely ridiculous.
It's been five business days since it was posted! Why bother paying extra?"

I have found that to get a small parcel delivered to me by Aus. Post it needs to be express post, otherwise it never arrives. Express post from Bundaberg to me near Gladstone takes about 4 days. Australia post may be crook, but I have found that the alternatives are just as bad. Stuff bought on E Bay doasn't get delivered because they won't deliver past 2km along our road. Even things which the provider says he has an agreement with the deliverer don't get here. I have to get them sent to a friend a bit nearer town.

• Like 1

A friend of mine was a captain in a rival airline and asked the Baggage handlers to be careful and the guy concerned said "Oh THIS one"? and held it high and dropped it in front of him on the tarmac., implying, so what are you going to do about it?  Nev

• Informative 1

I must be one of the lucky ones, then. I sell a few items a month on eBay, and use Australia Post to deliver most of the items (used to use Sendle a bit, but they got too dear) - and I've never had an Australia Post parcel go missing in 22 years of buying and selling on eBay. I do like to have tracking on parcels, this is a big help, but quite a few of the items I sell fit in a "large letter" size, where tracking isn't available, and none of them have ever gone missing, either.

I send items all the time from W.A. to East Coast places, and some are as remote as Cattle Stations.

I have had a couple of items disappear with USPS, though. One was a brand new camera. But the seller refunded my payment in full. I have had a specially-ordered toner cartridge destroyed by over-zealous Australian Customs officers, who put a knife through the toner cartridge! - releasing superfine black powder everywhere!! They simply taped it up and sent it on - leaving me to find a totally useless toner cartridge.

I've had a couple of foolish Americans send me unasked-for vegetable material - one sent items in a used fruit box, and Customs hit the roof! The other American grew garlic, and thought he'd send me free samples!

Once again, the Customs people chucked a fit. I explained that in both cases, I didn't request anything of plant or vegetable origin, so I escaped with just a lecture by letter.

Edited by onetrack
  • Informative 1

I just got a card to say I have a parcel at the PO. IT will be ink toner which easily fits into my 20 litre drum post box and usually parcels are left there. I suppose we have a new deliverer.

• Informative 1