Crash at Caiguna today 16/12/22.

2 hours ago, snakenjac said:

Why does almost every story become and argument for one reason or another?

Pathetic!

In this this thread’s case I would say a robust discussion of differing opinions.

NO group of posters have the same opinion and that is a good thing,  I have learnt from many who don’t agree with me at times:-). So long as discussion does not turn nasty and totally revengeful, just let it flow along 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

I also have followed this thread to report on the tragic loss of life of another aviator taken way to soon.

No blame is the first thing we should be thinking of not the last.

Learning from this is a close second.

Why all of our lives do not matter to the authorities is the next as we are all aware that it is not being investigated.

I don’t accept distance as an excuse for not investigating this or any other incidents in Australia. It is a vast country with a lot of inhospitable sections that we flyover. This land has been here for many years, it has not just appeared all of a sudden.

Its time we had some action from the governing bodies to identify what went wrong so we can all learn from them.

I don’t know about the rest of you but I for one believe that we are ALL worth that effort regardless of where it occurs.

Finally and most importantly my condolences to all that knew the pilot what a sad time it must be for them.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Kununurra said:

No blame is the first thing we should be thinking of not the last.

Learning from this is a close second.

When news of an accident comes out, the first information is neccessarily sketchy, sometimes wrong, usually reported verbatim by the press from the police and others on the scene, and not official information. It often reaches us within a couple of hours of the accident. 

So understandably there will be some incorrect details as there were with this one. This site has a history of gradually getting to the correct details when someone publishes a coroner's report or an RAA report or an ATSB report.

Where details  are not coming in it has been tradition to discuss simular situations and use them as learning tools. The people are not implying that's what happened at the subject accident scene, just what can happen in similar circumstance.

The pilot is not being tried, where he is presumed innocent until proven guilty, but equally it shouldn't be assumed he has done nothing wrong. The best way to approach an accident is to have a neutral opinion until some hard evidence points to a human failing, which could be a pilot, but equally could be someone who failed to assemble a component correctly, or someone in any of the operations we fly in.

Why all of our lives do not matter to the authorities is the next as we are all aware that it is not being investigated.

There are now about three threads discussing various authorities, sometimes correct, sometimes wrong. If you'd read them before posting you'd know this crash, being a Recreational Aircraft, is being investigated by WA Police who will provide a Brief to the WA Coroner, and the report will come out from the WA Coroner.

If you think about it, on your property if you happen to be killed while out duckshooting, if you're in a river in your tinny fishing and it tips over and you drown, those accidents will be investigated by the Coroner.

All are recreational accidents, so it's a routine path.

Certainly some people lately have been trying to drag ATSB into it, including the current CEO of RAA Ltd, but that's a double edge sword which could easily bite recreational aviators if they had to fund it.

I don’t accept distance as an excuse for not investigating this or any other incidents in Australia. It is a vast country with a lot of inhospitable sections that we flyover. This land has been here for many years, it has not just appeared all of a sudden.

Distance is not being used as an excuse on this one, just some uncertaintly reported by WA Police who may not have been familiar with the process.

Its time we had some action from the governing bodies to identify what went wrong so we can all learn from them.

If you read the other two threads, you'll pick up what we discussed. In the case of RAA some minor changes would probably cover it.

I don’t know about the rest of you but I for one believe that we are ALL worth that effort regardless of where it occurs.

The Police and Coroners do a great job regardless of where the person dies.

• Like 1

Turbo,

you missed the mark by a long shot here mate.

I am well aware of the processes involved & still support my comments.

If you believe that it is not about distance you may also believe that they are building a bridge over to Tasmania.

Before you suggest that i should take the time to read the threads consider this, I may have already done this which supports MY THOUGHTS. Something of which we are all entitled to.

I just wish that we were all as clever as you , man how good would that be.

You also are entitled to your opinion & I have listened.

Happy flying or couch surfing or whatever it is that keeps you occupied you are a legend.

cheers

Edited by Kununurra
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kununurra said:

Turbo,

you missed the mark by a long shot here mate.

I am well aware of the processes involved & still support my comments.

If you believe that it is not about distance you may also believe that they are building a bridge over to Tasmania.

Before you suggest that i should take the time to read the threads consider this, I may have already done this which supports MY THOUGHTS. Something of which we are all entitled to.

I just wish that we were all as clever as you , man how good would that be.

You also are entitled to your opinion & I have listened.

Happy flying or couch surfing or whatever it is that keeps you occupied you are a legend.

cheers

3 hours ago, Kununurra said:as we are all aware that it is not being investigated.

I’ll start again without any opinions then. WA Police ARE investigating And WILL Provide a Brief to the WA Coroner

• Agree 1

The owner can even get someone else to deliver the aircraft so long as the person flying does not get paid. The owner can also pay for the fuel. The terminology is an owner who is a PPL cannot use his aircraft "For hire or reward". So long as that applies, the person delivering the aircraft just has to have the appropriate valid licence and endorsements.

Edited by kgwilson
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1