Started a spare parts list

On 26/08/2023 at 7:58 AM, danny_galaga said:

Rotax 912

90° carby tube for choke cable. To get two of those genuine, about $150 Inc freight. Or go to Ali express 🙂

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005004164377398.html?spm=a2g0n.order_detail.order_detail_item.3.604cf19cHB72xq

I'm always mindful of cheap n cheerful. If it's something complicated and bespoke, I'll go genuine. But Rotax don't make the carbies, or the parts hanging off them. So why pay the Ro-tax?

Just realised I didn't put in the description that got me to this link. One day for sure the link will be dead, and no one will know what the description is! So here's the description in the link:

ZS Racing 90-degree Throttle Cable Adjuster For PHBG Keihin PWK PJ PWM PE Mikuni TM VM Carburetor Spare Parts

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, I've taken so long building my plane that the company has stopped making them 😲 so my list (minus the engine parts) will become even more relevant for me over time. 

They are restructuring, and will still be supplying parts. One thing I'm toying with is to get a spare set of sails. People say 'just get a sailmaker to copy them'. Problem is, they are pretty complicated sails, and I've heard some horror stories. Of course it's a HUGE expense holding onto a spare set, and they take up room in my already chockers garage.

4 hours ago, danny_galaga said:

Well, I've taken so long building my plane that the company has stopped making them 😲 so my list (minus the engine parts) will become even more relevant for me over time. 

They are restructuring, and will still be supplying parts. One thing I'm toying with is to get a spare set of sails. People say 'just get a sailmaker to copy them'. Problem is, they are pretty complicated sails, and I've heard some horror stories. Of course it's a HUGE expense holding onto a spare set, and they take up room in my already chockers garage.

I'd wait till needed someone will make them I'm sure; maybe even out of Xlam material. New should last well being hangared.  Could get covers made that will keep them in better condition; by Punkim Head Air Sports.

53 minutes ago, Blueadventures said:

I'd wait till needed someone will make them I'm sure; maybe even out of Xlam material. New should last well being hangared.  Could get covers made that will keep them in better condition; by Punkim Head Air Sports.

Oh, I have a cover for it. Although I've been slack while working on it and only covering the fuselage, mainly to keep the windscreen clean. And yes, if I couldn't hanger it, I probably wouldn't even own a plane, except maybe an all metal vh rego

11 hours ago, danny_galaga said:

If you keep it Hangared those skins will last a life time. They have much better UV resistance than dacron type skins like a thruster would have. I replaced the original skins on my 1988 thruster in 2017, Alan the sail maker tested them and they were still in spec. Always hangared. 

Edited by Thruster88
  • Like 1