Started a spare parts list

I bought my in line fuel shutoff valves from Aircraft Spruce. I have one on/off valve and one for right/off/left tank valve. They come with 1/4 inch barbs with a red selector lever & cost about $12-$15 US plus freight. Good quality, simple & never had a problem.

Main ImagePromo

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blueadventures said:

I use these 3/8"  BSP female ends.  Placed between tank and fuel filter.  No issues.

Fuel valve 3 8 BSP s-l500.jpg

IMG_7109.jpeg

That looks like the go. Many are 6 or 8mm but the line at that point is 3/8 (9.5) - that one would allow those barbs.

1 hour ago, Blueadventures said:

I use these 3/8"  BSP female ends.  Placed between tank and fuel filter.  No issues.

Fuel valve 3 8 BSP s-l500.jpg

IMG_7109.jpeg

Got one of those in reach of my left hand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty_d said:

That looks like the go. Many are 6 or 8mm but the line at that point is 3/8 (9.5) - that one would allow those barbs.

Yes, will. I’m running 8mm barb tails.

Edited by Blueadventures

Bit more Gates radiator hose information:

There is a molded 90 degree  bend, in diffrent "Arm"  length options

• PN 03-0010 ID 25.4mm, Arm 1 125mm, Arm 2 125mm  ($10-12)
  • PN 03-0011 ID 25.4mm, Arm 1 300mm,  Arm 2 300mm ($15-37)

Multi Fit Coolant Hose with two bends, a 135 & 90 degree

• PN01-007 ID 25mm Length 550 ($?)

Then there is 25 mm connectors

• Straight PN28606 ($20)
  • Elbow PN28626 ($19)
  • Tee PN28638 ($51)

Unfortunatly the above connector must be purchased in a minimum of 2/bag

Purchase a cheap hose cutter to make nice 90 degree clean cuts ttps://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/toolpro-toolpro-hose-cutter---235mm/222413.html $15

Most Rotax drivers will be able to make up what they need with a bit of careful cutting & if needs be, joining

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Rotax 912

90° carby tube for choke cable. To get two of those genuine, about $150 Inc freight. Or go to Ali express 🙂

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005004164377398.html?spm=a2g0n.order_detail.order_detail_item.3.604cf19cHB72xq

I'm always mindful of cheap n cheerful. If it's something complicated and bespoke, I'll go genuine. But Rotax don't make the carbies, or the parts hanging off them. So why pay the Ro-tax?

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

• 1 month later...

Spring Band Constant Tension Hose Clamps can be purchased , through Interpart auto parts at a very competitive price.

The bands are made by ICON SERIES. 

Rotax 912 25 mm cooling hose will likely use PN CLS-035 .  The smaller hoses CLS-026  (DOUBLE CHECK befog purchase).

The down side is the minimum purchase is a box of 10 

• Like 1

Hi Marty,

If you go on the Autoparts web site https://www.norma.net.au/products/hose-clamps/norma/normaclamp-fbs-constant-tension-springband-clamps/norma-fbs-constant-tension-springband-clamps-packs-of-10-

you will find they price list for the Norma Spring Band Clamps - way more expensive than the ICONs through Interpart BUT of more interest is the Norma FBS Clamps Tech data pdf therein.

Open the pdf and check out how to size the clamps for your application.

My local Interparty store supplied my boxes of clamps (x10) for $18. ? at the store.

Note the sizes I have given above for the ICONs - The OD on my radiator hose was 32 mm, however I found the part number CLS -032 to be a bit small.  The CLS- 035 is a better fit. The small coolant hoses top/bottom of engine will likely have a 25 mm OD so  ICON part number CLS- 026 may be your best bet.

If you don't have a pair,  I would advise getting a cheap (Toledo) set of purpose made "pliers" - makes fitting/removal a doddle.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Vibration Challenges; Try -

Shock & Vibration Technologies Pty Ltd (SVT)

14/9 Ladbroke Street, Milperra NSW 2214

Phone (02) 97710444

Email [email protected]

https://www.svt.net.au/

Mark & David - Great blokes, with a wealth of knowledge & experince, seem genuinely intersted in solving aircraft problems.

They had  the "Hutchinson/ Barry Controls" mounts I wanted  and at at the best price.

• Informative 2

• 1 month later...

Don't you guys like supporting this site by supporting Clear Prop where possible? It seems you would rather spend $15USD plus Shipping to get a Fuel Shut Off Valve when clear Prop has them for $9.95 AUD, in stock and get it over night from Melbourne for less shipping cost.

Also noticed that Gap Seal Tape was needed and it was suggested to go to Wings and Wheels in the US...well, now that I know about that I have just purchased the tape for Clear Prop to stock at half the price you would have paid.

Guys, if you do need something please have a look in Clear Prop, if it isn't there, I can get it, AND if you find something sourced elsewhere then also let me know so I can add it for Clear Prop so everyone can be better off.

Clear Prop is what helps to make this site and all its resources available otherwise I will have no choice than to move the site to Facebook but with a lot less free resources :smile:

• Like 4
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

20 minutes ago, Admin said:

Don't you guys like supporting this site by supporting Clear Prop where possible? It seems you would rather spend $15USD plus Shipping to get a Fuel Shut Off Valve when clear Prop has them for $9.95 AUD, in stock and get it over night from Melbourne for less shipping cost.

Also noticed that Gap Seal Tape was needed and it was suggested to go to Wings and Wheels in the US...well, now that I know about that I have just purchased the tape for Clear Prop to stock at half the price you would have paid.

Guys, if you do need something please have a look in Clear Prop, if it isn't there, I can get it, AND if you find something sourced elsewhere then also let me know so I can add it for Clear Prop so everyone can be better off.

Clear Prop is what helps to make this site and all its resources available otherwise I will have no choice than to move the site to Facebook but with a lot less free resources :smile:

Agreed. The things I'm looking at are mostly alternatives to Rotax. Trying to avoid the ro TAX 😄

• Like 1

The other I found out about recently for 9x series are the cylinder temp and oil temp sensors. I haven't tried this but since the OEM and the alternative are VDO this should be correct. Cut and paste from elsewhere, links may or may not be viable:

Water/oil temp sensor:

The VDO part number you would be looking for that should replace the Rotax part is 323-801-010-001D, stamped 801/10/1 by VDO, 300F or 150C max..
Here are the two non-ebay webshops that I found to source these with the one in the NL to be too expensive on shipping for me to consider it.

http://www.etbinstruments.com/
https://vdo-webshop.nl/en/

• Informative 1

This is what I mean, you can get not only a new sender but also a completely new Gauge and wiring as well for less cost than what the supplier you have listed cost is for just the sender and Clear Prop have them in stock for overnight delivery.

Also I also have other new gauges engine gauges sitting here on my desk right now which are very high quality but I am yet to be given their cost prices but I believe will be cheaper again. These are all for Rotax 912

20240221_134036.jpg

• Like 6
  • Informative 1

Remember, for anything that you need you can use the Clear Prop Free Sourcing Service on the Clear Prop site...just click the image on the Clear Prop Home Page, complete the popup form and click submit. That tells me what to try and source for you at the best possible price, quality and service

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Good to know. The VDO sensor I mentioned I think is different to your combo. That means you would have to replace the lot. Sometimes you just want a drop in replacement part. The ro TAX might be too steep, but hunting around gets you the exact part at a fraction of the price of the 'genuine' part. As you say, not as cheap as your set, but there's no mucking around either. 

But now you have that VDO part number, you could indeed find a bulk source and sell those alongside the sets. It's for head and cylinder sensors, they are the same. In my case, I have one unused head sensor so I'm just swapping my faulty oil sensor with that one. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Admin said:

Remember, for anything that you need you can use the Clear Prop Free Sourcing Service on the Clear Prop site...just click the image on the Clear Prop Home Page, complete the popup form and click submit. That tells me what to try and source for you at the best possible price, quality and service

Ian can you provide CrossCheck tubes in Red.  I will need another tube soon and see they are $25 including postage on Ebay.  I'm sure others would by such.  Cheers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blueadventures said:

Ian can you provide CrossCheck tubes in Red.  I will need another tube soon and see they are $25 including postage on Ebay.  I'm sure others would by such.  Cheers.

Interesting, I have always suggested to people to use RED nail polish, the wife won't miss it and she will think that she has lost it and go out and buy another bottle without complaining that you are spending too much on the plane.

I will see what I can get and let you know

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Admin said:

Interesting, I have always suggested to people to use RED nail polish, the wife won't miss it and she will think that she has lost it and go out and buy another bottle without complaining that you are spending too much on the plane.

I will see what I can get and let you know

Thanks, Nail polish is ok but cross check is best and lasts.  Torque seal goes off over time so I don't use that any more.  Cheers and look forward to if you can get it.  I'll hold off buying until I hear if you can get.

• Informative 1

40 minutes ago, Blueadventures said:

Thanks, Nail polish is ok but cross check is best and lasts.  Torque seal goes off over time so I don't use that any more.  Cheers and look forward to if you can get it.  I'll hold off buying until I hear if you can get.

I can get you Green straight away but Red is going to take a couple of months due to the distributor only having Green left at the moment. The price would be about $19.95. I can keep hunting but there is only 1 distributor in Australia. There are alternatives like Loctite 7414 etc. I am waiting for a reply from an overseas dealer but that may also take a week or 2 to get them

• Like 1