Fire (Heat) Sleeve

Ebay, 3m of 20mm for $29 delivered to your door.

WWW.EBAY.COM.AU

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Fiberglass Sleeving Fire Proof Silicon Coated Heat Shield Tubing Cable Protector at the best online prices at eBay!

46 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

Thanks Thruster88 - Have you used/ are you satisfied with this product?

No, my aircraft are required to use the expensive orange stuff.

Similar to the trailer ' shackle ' fiasco. The pin , by law had to be yellow !.

What a lot of yellow spray paint was sold .

I mean the paint doesn't last long & a spray can Is the cheaper option. 

spacesailor

41 minutes ago, Thruster88 said:

No, my aircraft are required to use the expensive orange stuff.

Hmmm! No offence mate but may be when making a suggestion you add a disclaimer eg its just an idea, no experience,  or something to that effect.

The stuff you have suggested may be as good as nay other however it looks kind of lightweight/thin and may be more  cosmetic than functional.

I am not a big supporter of all over fire sleeve application, in Rotax 9's, feeling that a more targeted approach will likely be as effective without the cost & difficulty of applications HOWEVER this aircraft came with orange everywhere and I sort of feel obliged to continue the bling.

Just make sure that eBay seller actually has the fire sleeve in stock at their NSW location - because 90% of these "Australian" sellers on eBay who list a location within Australia, are merely Chinese individuals who have family or business contacts in China. They're simply dropshippers, and the item you buy from them actually comes from China, and it usually takes 6 or 7 weeks to get to you - especially if it's a bulky item that's costly to send by air.

Marty, your seller is based in China, despite listing as being based in Australia. How long did it take to get your order? The sellers feedback rating is pretty poor, at 94%.

8 hours ago, Marty_d said:

3 hours ago, Marty_d said:

OT, paid 2/2/23, delivered 8/2/23 - so 6 days. Hong Kong is usually quicker than many locations in mainland China. 

Sounds okay Marty_d - will give them a go.

If it's the same stuff they sent me (it should be,  I navigated to the ad from my purchased list) then the below should put your mind at ease.  That's 20mm OD oil line, goes on easy.

20230717_183157.jpg