New engine design to keep an eye on

Liquid Piston have been in business for 20 years and keep saying their engine is totally revolutionary, and solves all the drawbacks of the Wankel. Unfortunately, LP are still yet to "perfect" their engine after 20 years - essentially because simply turning the Wankel design inside out, doesn't solve a lot of the inherent, basic drawbacks, of the rotary design. But they still keep up their claims of an "engine revolution".

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I just LOVE the way they have Elon Musk on their thumbnail, any legitimate company would not be using his likeness in an effort to get clicks. If what is written above is true and they haven't got it right after 20 years then what hope have they got. Unfortunately, the older I get, the more I can say, that I have seen it all before.  But, thank you for bringing the video to my attention

Edited by FlyBoy1960
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

maybe its taken 20 years to get it right. will have to see if they go to production in 2024. 

i am surprised the military aren't using electrics in uav's. more room for batteries without humans .

• Like 1

Well a few of us have put time and effort in on it.  It would still be there. It doesn't encourage people to  comment in depth and it wouldn't be a bad idea to have more comments or don't people want them?   Nev

• Like 1

I think you are being a little bit tough on Kyle, I hadn't seen this engine online before and it was interesting to watch the video but as soon as I found out that the thumbnail for the video had a photograph of Elon Musk standing next to the engine (photoshopped) and the fact that it was 20 years in development and hasen't got anywhere started alarm bells going off for me instantly.

The comments were not warranted just because somebody had not seen this before like myself. The comment would have been much better if you said something like "this product has been featured before, here is the link where we have been discussing".

Maybe I'm just not tough enough to be here.

• Like 2

We're a rough, tough crowd here, flyboy, you need a flak jacket on regular occasions. :cheezy grin: Maybe there's a few too many, grumpy old men here? Nev growls a lot, but I think he's probably like an old dog - a lot of growling, accompanied by frequent tail-wagging.  :cheezy grin:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Just looking at the "THING" should tell anyone it's a piece of CRAP. Typing bullet proof posts here requires time, motivation and GUTS.  Dead easy to put STUFF up  which promises Nirvana, without any proof. With more IA it will get worse. I'm CAREFUL what I post. I'm sure if anything was wrong I'd be told about it with great rejoicing.  Yes I've a problem. I can't stand BS about aeroplanes.  It's a bad mix..   Nev

• Like 1