So what did Santa bring you?

Admin

I received an antique world globe on a stand, clothes, chocolate and some other small nik naks - my son Lachlan received a red tri-wing metal plane with German markings to hang from his ceiling - lucky kid!

And what did you get???

Well I got a mini computer thingy [its a HP iPAQ] which is what I'm using to write this from the lounge chair...using wireless internet from the desktop... I'm tikle pink with it, I can get a gps thingmy for it also. I also got a lot of other niknacs as well, & chocolate. pretty good going I reckon...

Mum and Dad heard from someone that they I haven't been eating too well (not completely true) So they were worried about my diet. They gave me three cook books, a bag full of spices, a lasagne dish and a crock pot. Very thoughtful though it means i have to work out what spices do now.

Oh and a lovely 12yo bottle of single malt. Yum.

Good stuff for Christmas

My son and DIL gave me a hivis magnified face wrist watch that will be easier for this ol' fart to read in the cockpit, my daughter gave me a small rc helicopter for use indoors - already had lottsa fun with it, and my good wife gave me some ginger chocolate to munch on whilst flying the helicopter and reading my wrist watch. Oh and my BIL gave me a home made bladder reliever for those long flights after I was telling him about my recent nav test and having to divert for an unscheduled landing to relieve the bladder. I'll write an account of the experience soon and post it here on the forums.

All the best guys,

Pud

Hi all,

Like Tomo I got a Lap-Top with all the wireless stuff so I won't get into trouble for spending too much time in the office checking the 'new posts' on Rec Flying :thumb_up:

After spending half an hour trying to set up the wireless router, getting error message after error message:angry: I rang the help line where the recorded message chick told me this is gonna cost ya 40 bucks exclamation.gif.7a55ce2d2271ca43a14cd3ca0997ad91.gif I spent another half an hour with the heavilly accented tech (I could understand 2 out of every 3 words) before he decided it was a dud and I should take it back and get a replacement.

Now if that has cost me 40 of my hard earned then 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif yeah thats right 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

Anyways that seems to be my lot in life, if anyone is gonna have a problem with a brand new purchase it's gonna be me. I saw a little polystyrene rc plane on utube, they looked really good so tried to buy a couple for the kids for Xmas but the place was in the U.S and they wouldn't send them to OZ so no probs I find the same thing on E-bay, but they can't be any good for 99 cents plus $25 postage so I just buy 1 to check if it's any good or not before I waste more money ( how careful is that ) it arrived, I had a lot of fun with it for half an hour, deemed it to be O.K put it back in the box, ordered another, then Xmas day the new one works great the tried and proven one is dead 036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

Oh well had a great Christmas, milked the cows a couple of times ate too much and now my thoughts have moved on from computer frustration to when my next opportunity will present to pencil in a few more hours in my log book.

Lifes good aint it.

Two JetCat P70's for a jet model that I'm building...........:thumb_up:Merry Xmas to everyone.......cheers Os

No thats a xmas present that tops them all, we all need friends like that Ozzie:thumb_up:

:After spending half an hour trying to set up the wireless router, getting error message after error message:angry: I rang the help line where the recorded message chick told me this is gonna cost ya 40 bucks exclamation.gif.7a55ce2d2271ca43a14cd3ca0997ad91.gif I spent another half an hour with the heavilly accented tech (I could understand 2 out of every 3 words) before he decided it was a dud and I should take it back and get a replacement.

Don't you just love all this new fan dangled electronic gizmo's that reduce time and money.....?..... for the inventors anyway:laugh:006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

If all else fails just go out to the cows for some stock standed comfort...006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

:big_grin:

Got a flight in from offshore for the night on christmas afternoon and back out on boxing day, ended up with a GME 410G epirb, a new set of rear tyres for the trike, a couple of metal model planes on stands and the usual complementory of jocks, socks and odds and ends.

Was nice of the boss to let me come in as it has been 5 years since I have had a chrissy at home with the family.

Cheers

Alf

My parents said that they were going to give my brother, Standish Hall, a 12 bedroom house in 20 acres of lush green English countryside. They said that they were going to give my sister, Luckington Hall, a 10 bedroom house set in 15 acres of lush green English countryside. When I asked what they were giving me, they said Bugger Hall.... I wonder how many rooms it will have?!!!!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Redair.