Who's going to be at NATFLY?

Tomo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let RA-AUS KNOW

Tomo

I am sure if you let the RA-AUS office know they will be able to help out or advise clubs etc of your desire.

You can fly REX to Dubbo then catch a cab if it all falls thru.

Guest Maj Millard

Hey, any pilots in North Queensland (preferably large breasted female). I've got the plane, if you've got the fuel money, must be up to sharing some flying. I've flown the route before, so I even know the way !! Lets talk.............................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hey, any pilots in North Queensland (preferably large breasted female). I've got the plane, if you've got the fuel money, must be up to sharing some flying. I've flown the route before, so I even know the way !! Lets talk.............................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

North Qld eh... that means you've got to fly through the S E Qld area to get down...;)

Dalby, Toowoomba, those are good pick up area's...... Twmba's pretty hopeless for weather though, so Dalby would prob'ly be best...

Guest Maj Millard

Yeah, I figured I might hear from you. Last trip I went to Narromine I flew Townsville,Emerald,Charleville,Bourke,Narromine. That's a long way from Dalby !!!....024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Yeah I know, that route is a bit boring anyway. Maybe Emerald,Chinchilla or Dalby,then Narrabri and Narromine......................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

So Maj... IF you happened to fly to Narromine via Dalby and Picked up you know who...what would be the fuel consumption for the trip?

I'm just throwing around a few options....

I've also PM'd you...

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of small questions for those of you who have been to Natfly before and camped.

What did you take with you besides the tent and gear? Did you take cups, plates, cutlery and whatnot? or is that necessary?

Our first time for this and we don't want to "overload" if we can help it.

-Linda

Guest brentc

I usually don't bring any food, I just buy the crappy takeaway food that they have there. There's usually a couple of temporary places to get B'fast as well as in the aero club. Only catering problems I've heard of were on Thursday night when EVERY food serving place in town was completely booked out. Even the RSL turned away a Vietnam Vet that was with us!

Once you start packing cups and plates for a fly away, you'll never get off the ground Linda.

I pack the bare essentials - tent, sleeping bag, lightweight self-inflating mattress (I'm getting old) and a few clothes (I count on getting a few T-shirts there) and toiletries. And of course a towel. A traveller must always know where his towel is.

I drill out the excess plastic in my toothbrush to reduce weight too.

There is enough there to get by for the weekend. There's usually a line in the clubhouse for meals though. The Lions and other mobs do good BBQs during the days. Coffee is free to members at the Rec Flying tent.

PS - I don't really drill my toothbrush.

See you there - I'll be wearing shirts with this on them:

[ATTACH]7556.vB[/ATTACH]

Ross

957793777_cheetahposterlarge.jpg.3d152e67cd995527f873b544c6b69305.jpg

I like to support the local organisations like Lions etc who do drinks, burgers, etc.

Coffee and biscuits during the day at the aero club... and .oh yeah....Nice desserts for dinner.

Nicest dessert of all?... a few beers with like minded pilots raving on about their close calls, aviation fantasies, performance data on any aircraft and CASA.keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Guest David C
hopefully i will be flying up if anyone can lend me a Jab LSA, Tecnam or J230 for the weekend??? from bankstown

I'll be there from Friday mid morning .. Can Ashley at Sydney Jabiru not help you out ??

Dave C

sadly our aircraft are needed for training over the weekend, otherwise i would have taken the tecnam...or even the Jab, but students come first. also it was a little late notice, so next year i will plan to fly up, but tis year its back to the original plan and drive..

Starti, do they sell pangalactic gargelblasters up there??...lol

Motza

Last year they only had the blue ones there, as that is all they could get cleared thru Customs in time to make the show .......... and they were expensive too, compared to what they are on eBay at the moment (although I do concede that the eBay versions might be callibrated for the northern hemisphere).

Regards Geoff

Guest brentc

I'm a little concerned about the weather for Narromine.

WESTERN INLAND DISTRICTS FORECAST

That crappy rain is moving further south by the minute as per Captain's predictions.

4 day Forecast Chart

Only time will tell tomorrow when the next forecast is released.

I'm not sure how heavy the showers are though.

If you can get out Saturday that might be the go.