What do you do for a living?

Guest Fred Bear

I'm Manager of a fairly large herd (no bull) and we fly regularly to outback stations with our onboard milk supplies which we donate free of charge with a really big smile.

We also supply a lawn cutting service in Adelaide which helps to build up our 'graze anatomy'.

We do not fly under the RaaUs banner because of our weight so we are licensed with COWSA.

We are hoping to add a bit of bull to our herd later on.

Alan.

Seriously I am very happily RETIRED.

• Like 2

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Manager of a fairly large herd (no bull) and we fly regularly to outback stations with our onboard milk supplies which we donate free of charge with a really big smile.We also supply a lawn cutting service in Adelaide which helps to build up our 'graze anatomy'.

We do not fly under the RaaUs banner because of our weight so we are licensed with COWSA.

We are hoping to add a bit of bull to our herd later on.

Alan.

Seriously I am very happily RETIRED.

haha, Guernsey, you're a funny man.

Im Spray Painter Panel Beater worked for my self for the last 19 years. Im currently setting up Tonkari Aviation which does a on site service of spray painting & surface protection & repairs on aircraft.

Ww

Im Spray Painter Panel Beater worked for my self for the last 19 years. Im currently setting up Tonkari Aviation which does a on site service of spray painting & surface protection & repairs on aircraft.

Wow dude, you are doung exacttly what I want to do. All apart from the spray painting. Hope it goes well for you.

Hi All

semi retired boilermaker ,ran my own workshop for 25 years ,when GFC hit 2 years ago i thought ,why am i doing this so closed up shop and sold all my equip,then sold the acreage and now live in the burbs new house new life! i got very bored so i now have 4 or 5 clients and only work 2 or 3 days fly to perth adelaide,melboune sydney supervising the jobs which gives me plenty of time for learning how to fly,with a friend who is also learning to fly (he is 10 lessons in front) we are looking at jabiru,morgan, as a first plane to buy 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

cheers Gareth

• Like 1

woolstore worker, fencer, scrub cutter, telecom linesman, estates officer, concrete prefab labourer, gorse sprayer, fridge assembler, car detailer, topdressing loader driver, insulation installer, steel spiral pipes labourer, truck driver, fish factory labourer, textile worker, forestry planter, forestry pruner, builders labourer, h & r block tax returns, painters labourer, qualified quantity surveyor, government employee, qualified building surveyor, council building inspector (impressive title) now self employed construction consultant

• Like 1

<---- SMSF accountant. Interestingly the developer of the Gatton airpark is a client as well as a number of owner builders.Hopefully though soon to be ATC...

Shags, how about an update on your ATC quest?

Chris

Past 16 years work offshore in drilling working my way from the bottom of the rung to a safety advisor then a stint in India as a safety manager, then on to logistics coordinator for the past 6 years with the last 8 months driving mining dump trucks.

Finished that in December and now heading off to New Guinea next month doing logistics with drilling again.

Previous jobs have been apprentice textile mechanic, 2nd class welder, locomotive assistant for Vic rail, operater in a power station, owner of small business, then offshore

Yeah, but wot didja do?Pud

Photographic processor, Horticultural and agricultural sales, Secretary Guernsey Aeroclub, Oscilloscope manufacture, electronics technician, Taxi driver, Aerial photography,

Boat building, producing children, SA Manager Encyclopaedia Britannica, Managing Director Distribution Co., retail sales electrical,

Alan.

council building inspector (impressive title) now self employed construction consultant

I can see why you soon became a self employed construction consultant. You would have run out of work in your previous job: after all, how many council buildings need to be inspected?

@Chris: Thanks for asking.

Had my assessment day a month ago. Still waiting to hear from them. I didn't do anywhere near as well as I know I could on the assessment day. If I don't get in I will be kicking myself.

Studied Horticulture/Viticulture to run our block at Monak NSW (it got sold), Retail mens and womens fashion, luggage, manchester, Home Based Business Owner (garment alterations, repairs on everything, retro fits from picking bags, wedding dresses, A/C?) Plant nursery work for vines, citrus and seedlings, housekeeper, kitchen hand, picker, industerial cleaner and domestic, citrus production shed worker from packing to QC for export, housemaid, Centre Manager for gaming video machines, design and construct bedding manchester, food prep, knitting garments, jam and cake maker for bis outlets, forklift and tractor driver, taxi driver......and the list goes on but I'll think of them after I've posted this 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif.......and currently rearing Dorper lambs for my sister and getting my hand back into the "Agi" side of things, which is great fun keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif.....and trying to set up 3 x IM bis to augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

Guest Howard Hughes

I spend my time these days trying to stay out of the way of you RAA guys/gals.022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

But before the aviation career I did the following:

Burger flipper

Menswear salesman

Photographer

Truck driver

Chip salesman

Insurance salesman

Septic tank cleaner

Bin truck driver

Lifeguard

Gym instructor

Inflght caterer

Croupier

Landscape gardner

and finally Pilot.

There may have been some others in there that I have long since forgotten...029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif