How long have you been a member of RA-AUS

BLA82

How long have you been a member of RA-AUS?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been a member of RA-AUS?

• 1year or under
    • 2 years or under
    • 2-5 years
    • over 5 -10years
    • over 10 years
    • Not a member

Guest Maj Millard

AUF-RAA since 96. Prior to that USUA (United States ultralight Assoc) since 1984 as that where I was living and flying at the time. Have heard "aren't ultralights dangerous ?" way too many times !!..................................................:ilmostro:

Guest ozzie

MAFA in 77 then into the AUF for a few years dropped out after the Belton/Thruster stuff up. Had a break for a bit while hard core jumping and working on GA stuff then back in around 99 i think till present. been a member of the EAA for just as long. also HGFA and APF for many years. strewth the money i have spent over the years.

Ozzie

Guest Maj Millard

I can always rely on you Adam, everything is dangerous when I'm in it. How are the seaplanes in Sydney doing mate ?. My 15 year old daughter is singing in the Opera house tonight (Sunday), so don't go anywhere near the place ok, or I'll have you arrested. !.

083_lost.gif.2c655b36c89d6cff882e0dc8f9fc5e85.gif

My 15 year old daughter is singing in the Opera house tonight (Sunday), so don't go anywhere near the place ok, or I'll have you arrested. !.

She must do alright to get in there!..... Takes after her Father I'spose!!!!016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

1996 so 13 years but that doesn't mean I'm experienced. Could be 1 years experience 13 times so don't take it as gospel when I talk or anybody else for that matter; unless you know them well or you can verify experience over time in the game from another source.

Pud

Guest Maj Millard

Not sure what the point of this thread is.........maybe after 10 years of membership you could start getting a seniors reduction on the yearly fee ?....more off each year, that way the older more experienced of us can fly more, and teach the new guys how it's done more ofter......now that sounds like a great idea !!....................

Guest ozzie

Hell this is making me feel my age. Must be someone on ths site who started earlier than me here.

Hey Major did you get my PM reply to that letter you sent me?

I saw a paraglider back up chute that looked very similar to that description of the roundy you designed. i'll try and copy the DVD and send it to you then i get the chance. some really interesting certification testing on it.

Ozzie

Guest Maj Millard

Yes Ozzie I did, and I thought I had replied as I usually do, unless the daughter wanted the computer and kicked me off. I did copy that you jumped that SA reserve which I figure was just after I went to the states or even just before I left. I'll pm you my postal for that dvd when you get a chance. Thanks.

I joined in 1998.. But im pretty sure i was a pilot in my former life.. and perhaps the one before that...and the life before that im pretty sure i was one of theose guys that killed emselv's jumping off a cliff with feathers glued to thier arms...

024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

maybe after 10 years of membership you could start getting a seniors reduction on the yearly fee ?....more off each year, that way the older more experienced of us can fly more, and teach the new guys how it's done more ofter......now that sounds like a great idea !!....................

Maj Millard,for president.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Frank.