Headset from Overseas

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just have to carry spares. I'm thinking of buying those fancy lithium AA batteries that you're meant to put in digital cameras...figured they may last a little longer...

I gave in today and ordered a set of Zulus from a shop in QLD - with $15 overnight (apparantly, i'll tell you tomorrow if it's true) shipping, it came to $1265. :) Totally excited and can't wait to see if they arrive tomorrow!

.... I'm thinking of buying those fancy lithium AA batteries that you're meant to put in digital cameras...figured they may last a little longer...

...remember the yarn about the cost of poison? augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif The lithiums cells do work well though.:thumb_up:

(got a bluetooth phone thingo on the yuppie cans now...and it's all your fault Darkastic...086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif)

Are zulu the only headset that have bluetooth capability. Is it possible to buy an add on to give headsets blue tooth to any headset.

Something like this emaroo?

I use a FlightCell 2Go for wired connectivity. I thought it was broken, but turns out it was the plug adaptor my phone needed. Worked fine on the weekend after getting a new one for my new phone.

Are zulu the only headset that have bluetooth capability. Is it possible to buy an add on to give headsets blue tooth to any headset.

Emaroo,

Aviation Pilot Supplies Shop | Flight Gear | Aircraft Instruments - Headsets :: Headset Accessories :: BlueLink Interface

I've only mucked around with it plugged into a spare headset and linked it to two different phones to test for clarity and function. So far it works well.

That's very close to the A$1,000 cut-off value for Customs import rules. You must use the Reserve Bank exchange rate on the day the goods are shipped to you as the value of the goods for declaration purposes. If that value is over A$1,000, you must complete an Import Declaration and pay the applicable duty and GST.

Marking goods as a gift doesn't help. The Gift Concession ceased on 1st October 2008.

So check your timing on the exchange rates.

Emaroo,Aviation Pilot Supplies Shop | Flight Gear | Aircraft Instruments - Headsets :: Headset Accessories :: BlueLink Interface

I've only mucked around with it plugged into a spare headset and linked it to two different phones to test for clarity and function. So far it works well.

Well, after testing on four different headsets with issues ranging from microphone not working on one set when plugged into it, to distorted radio/intercom audio on all headsets (even with a set of stock standard stereo headphones) it appears that I have a dud unit. :Disappointed: :bitehard:

Damn!! The blue tooth link worked ever so well but the interface is useless as it can't be used in the aircraft....unless they change CTAF to telephone.

Hey Ian! Guess who's gunna be calling later today....086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

Went out to the airfield Friday arvo to do some more testing, plugged the Blulink unit in and the blasted thing starts working properly. With all headsets! 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

Ran up to Cowra and back today with it plugged in and not a problem with R/T, intercom or phone. 056_headset.gif.8e2503279a37389023f4d903d46b667a.gif (didn't try it with playing muzak..)

Suspect a poor connection in the adaptor cables/connectors that a bit of thumping and swearing has sorted out. :ne_nau: