Your three aircraft

Guest ozzie

OK troops, a move off the gloom and doom. try this

A hypothetical

You have been offered the once in a lifetime chance to fly three aircraft that you have always wanted to have a crack at. you know, the ones that you haven't a hope in hell of getting your hands on.

me first

1 Wright Flyer, spend a day learning how to fly again.

2 B17g, do the EAA camp and finish it off with a bunch of circuits. multi engine taildragger should keep me humble.

3 Spaceship One. The shuttle would be the ultimate but NASA don't have to good a record when it comes to civilians in space.

man dropping off white knight and poking it straight up would be a rush then you have 100,000 ft glide home to catch your breath. all that 'dancing the skies on ...' ain't got nothing on that ride.

dream on

ozzie

Dreams

1. Takeoff and landing on aircraft carrier

2. WW2 Fighter

3. WW2 Bomber

I had better stop now my mind is increasing the list at a rapid rate

Cheers all

Robert

Guest Maj Millard

Mmmmm....bit of a challange Ozzie, there are so many !

Just off the top of me head......

1. DC-3

2. Spirit of St Louis

3. B-29 Bomber

.........................................................................................

Mmm....?

Spitfire, Hurricane, Mustang or whatever, would be awesome.

I'd have to go with the Concord too I think - just to feel the power on takeoff!

F111, or F18 Hornet....

Ozzie, what a great idea for a thread!

1. Beech/Raytheon Starship (back to front Kingair) - No reason other than they look facinating.

2. Wouldn't mind a go of a Beech Baron - A hangover from playing with FlightSim 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

3. A helo of some type - Land the buggers anywhere...has to be fun!

Cheers!

1. Spitfire. After that, nothing else matters, but I forced (go on, force me, dare ya!) I'd add

2. FA18, just for the rush &

3. Bleriot XI, because that's the plane that I wanted to build when I was a kid. Hey, to 10 year old eyes, it looked easy... :)

Guest Walter Buschor

This is an easy one!

1) Me 109 G :thumb_up:

2) Hawker Hunter mk 58

3) F22

narrowing it down to one it would have to be the 109 though

in my dreams

stay safe

Walter

Guest Maj Millard

I had a look in the FA-18 dual cockpit recently at the Townsville Open day. I was comparing the whole experience with the dual Mirage 111, which I was lucky enough to get a couple of rides in during my RAAF time in the 70s. The F-18 cockpit is huge, and has a lot going on with glass cockpit etc. The 'bang' seats look more serious, you'r getting blasted up to several hundred feet in these babys !. Looking back over the aircraft itself was very impressive, bit bigger than the Mirage, and of course two donks not one.

I have seen and heard the Super Hornet at the Reno air races, and it definitly has a meaner sound to it with an awsome 'Howl' that just says power !!!. We should be getting ours soon.

We see the Hornets a lot here in the pattern coming and going, but the display that the one put on during the airshow, showed just what the aircraft can do, and I know he was holding back a bit, as I've seen them in the past really show what they can do.

Not bad for an aircraft that was initially dropped by the Navy, and almost dissappeared into history as a failure.

I would wish a fast jet ride on everybody...if you ever get the chance ..do it !!! really nothing like the feeling of being very tightly strapped to a live ejection seat !!!!......................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

During the recent visit by the Thunderbirds, two local footballers Johnithan Thurston and Matt Bowen were offered rides in the F 16 dual...both declined !!!....frilly pants-wearing girls those football players !!!

Hmmm....

1. A PPC...a real fancy one for photography and nice relaxed slow flying.

2. Rv-8 or similar...for fun flying and local travelling.

3. An Embraer 170...decked out for just the family...For going anywhere amd everywhere.

Guest mike_perth

Well this may seem boring to some but here goes

1 707 fitted out as my private jet

2 777 fitted out as my serious everyday private jet

3 F18

All of these kept at my house using my own airfield aka John Travolta!

Well we can all dream cant we plus if it happens Im happy to hold a yearly Rec Flying fly in complete with rides in the F18 and a trip to the Maldives in the 777 and 707!

Mike

Great thread idea.

1. Martin Jetpak or similar (Meet George Jetson) Great basic flying thrills).

2. The SU-37 but I wish I could fly it like this video shows insane.cut & paste this into your browser it is worth it. http://www.flixya.com/video/163572/Latest_Russian_Jet_SU-37_-_Amazing_Acrobatics

3. Elvis. But only so I can fly it into Smirnoff, hover over a vat of vodka, suck it up and take it home!!

some interesting aircraft here. i saw the beech starship flying over sydney harbour when it was here on it's promo tour. very starwars.

i saw the martin jetpack at aiventure 08. strapped it on to see if it fitted, yep it did. but when i saw it fly my first thought was 'needs digital gyro stability' or something like that. i'll wait for the mk111 model. I'd buy one on principal if i had the 200grand. just because CASA says no to them.. ha ha

remember thrillseekers these are aircraft that you will only have the opotunity to fly once. not a lotto wish list. gotta give the keys back at sunset.

1. Spitfire MkVb

2. Mosquito

3. Lancaster

1, 2 & 4 Merlins

I saw a Mossie fly, sat in a Mk1 Spit and been in the tail turret on a taxi run in a Lancaster

To fly those three planes would be a dream come true and the top of a long list of aircraft that I would like to fly

We can all dream, cant we........

What a ride

So many but I reckon....

1) The Space Shuttle - can't imagine the feeling sitting on top of all that energy when they light the fire!!

2) Any Red Bull Air Race aircraft - and the ability to not black (brown) out during the high G turns:faint:

3) A day in the Wright Flyer to see where we have come from would be a buzz of a different type.

But my choice of craft is the T500 Thruster with 580cc of awesome power:laugh:

It's all good so I wouldn't pass up a chance to fly in anything!

Pud