Aus-Kosh Vs Natfly

Which name do you prefer?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which name do you prefer?

• Aus-Kosh
    • Natfly

I have always thought that "Natfly" was a bit lame and "Bluey" like.

Whereas the name used around Temora was Aus-Kosh. (I wonder if that has been registered by the Temora guys?)

Which do you prefer?

I have always thought that "Natfly" was a bit lame and "Bluey" like.Whereas the name used around Temora was Aus-Kosh. (I wonder if that has been registered by the Temora guys?)

Which do you prefer?

CAPTAIN what do you mean by bluey like? I think "Natfly"is fine easy for non flyers to identify as "national fly in [ "Aus-Kosh" no connection]

It was nearly even, but I see I've extended the lead for "Natfly".

I think that "Aus-Kosh" would project the image of larger GA and up type aircraft whereas Natfly is about the recreational end of the spectrum and run by RAAus.

Natfly is enough of a success to make its own name without having to borrow from somewhere else.

CAPTAIN what do you mean by bluey like? I think "Natfly"is fine easy for non flyers to identify as "national fly in [ "Aus-Kosh" no connection]

Sorry Bluey t f. Wasn't meaning you, so apologies. I was referring to the Mortein connection.

Guest Maj Millard

Natflys' fairly original....does it for me !...........................................................Maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Natfly...Aus-Kosh....how about...

'AUS-FLY'

Best of both worlds...bit of australia, bit of aviation. :thumb_up:

Nah thats a big blowfly :)

regards Bruce

Guest basscheffers

NatFly, not a great name, but it will do. :)

Shame it is an RA-Aus only event; there is nothing like it for our VH brothers and there really isn't that much difference between the two.

Would be great if it was simply Australia's biggest fly-in and airshow, no matter what you fly. Just a huge celebration of flying, whether it is RA, GA, airline or military. If that came to be the "AusKosh" nickname would be deserved. Right now it isn't.

Natfly for sure . There were quite a few flying around Temora this weekend. Still trying to get them off the car.

NatFly, not a great name, but it will do. :)Shame it is an RA-Aus only event; there is nothing like it for our VH brothers and there really isn't that much difference between the two.

Would be great if it was simply Australia's biggest fly-in and airshow, no matter what you fly. Just a huge celebration of flying, whether it is RA, GA, airline or military. If that came to be the "AusKosh" nickname would be deserved. Right now it isn't.

There were a heap of GA aircraft there this year. In my estimation, many more than all of the Narromine events that I have been to.

Plenty of RV's, a couple of Cirrus's (Cirrii?) & a good number of twins, too.

The SAAA had a stand and 3 or 4 of their experimental aircraft on display.

Further to Ian's post on another Natfly thread, this year gives a lot of positives on which to build and if done right with the SAAA & others, the next couple of years might see something like your para 3.

It looked to me that there were many more visiting aircraft at Temora than at the last 2 SAAA Convention in Cowra, which I also attended (and enjoyed), and there were certainly more Trade-Displays and Forums in Temora.

Title.

clever though it may be, I would not recommend Aus-kosh. comparisons may always be made and that is a good thing. Oshkosh stands alone in pioneering the homebuilt, world wide and we are unlikely to ever really rival it (America and the history of aviation and aviation politics, being what it is). We have our own past with our own organisation(s). Currently NATFLY is known for what it has become and it describes what it is. ie A (or THE) NATional FLY-in and is organised by RAAus. Other categories were welcomed and have been represented fairly adequately at the events that I have attended, though IF you want SIZE you would direct more of your efforts in that direction.

The Cowra Annual fly-in that the SAAA put on last year was not too well attended by RAAus planes and people, even though the invitation was extended. I do hope that this will improve in the future. The problems that we face are common to all forms of "Pleasure" aviation in this country, and we can learn from each other. By working together we will collectively be better off.

While this may be a little off the mere picking of a name I think it puts things in an overall context, so I have included it. Nev

Guest basscheffers
The Cowra Annual fly-in that the SAAA put on last year was not too well attended by RAAus planes and people, even though the invitation was extended.

I think that is the problem: "it's not your event, but you are welcome to come along". I would say the best thing would be for RA-Aus, SAAA and AOPA to put their efforts behind one event, which isn't "owned" by any of them.

Personal aviation in Australia is small enough as it is, it frustrates me to see it so fragmented.

Guest ozzie

If all the fractions consolidated their annual event under the banner NatFly held at Temora over the Easter break it would make a pretty good event following the Oshkosh theme with an airshow during the afternoon. Bit a corporate sponsership move things along a bit. More types of aircraft and aviators makes for more fun and oportunites.

ozzie

Personally I don't think that would work - the fractional fighting that exists would make it a nightmare to organise. Oshkosh is one organisation - The EAA - and everyone else goes to it which I feel will happen here...in due course, may take a year or two more to get to that here but still it has the makings of a full national aviation event in time to come.

As a side line note that Oshkosh is a place like Temora is, NatFly is an event and a great one at that!

Just my 2 cents

Guest basscheffers
As a side line note that Oshkosh is a place like Temora is, NatFly is an event and a great one at that!

Well, we could do a lot worse than having people ask: "Are you going to Temora this year?" and everyone knows what you are talking about! :D

I really hope to be there next year for a change. I'll have to sneak it in because I already have a 10-day pass from the missus to go to Oshkosh 2011! :)

Guest Sharp End

I've been to several SAAA events at Mangalore and to a couple of NatFlies at Narromine. I support retaining the name NatFly wherever it's held. Didn't make it this year, but hopefully will be at the next one. :thumb_up:

Guest ozzie

One day and i hope it is real soon, those who are generating the fractional infighting will be given a wake up call that their egotistic attitude is acting as a handbreak preventing those who can operate in harmony to experience their past times and lives to a more fuller extent.

Ozzie