Hooray! RAA Northern Fly-in Monto 12-14 June

FlyingVizsla

Got a slip with my membership renewal - its official - There will be a Queen's Birthday RAAus fly-in at Monto Qld 12-14 June 2010.

We are packed and ready - just have to decide how many of our fleet we can get there. Down side is that the nights get really cold in June.

Who else is coming?

Sue

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing on the RAAus site yet so this is what I got in the mail -

For aviators who can't make it to NATFLY-Temora, RA-Aus is holding the inaugural northern region fly-in.

So come and support us and share the passion.

Due to limited accommodation aviators are encouraged to bring camping gear.

Enjoy Monto's diary festival and local wines, take a walk into nearby Cania Gorge National park or maybe search those gullies at Three Moon Creek for GOLD!

There will be plenty of activities including forums, aviation exhibitors, and entertainment on Saturday and Sunday night, not to mention catering and bar facilities on site for that big thrirst.

Full information in May issue of RA-Aus magazine

For more information contact:

Myles Breitkreutz 07 4937 1170 0418 198 016

Chris Ungermann 07 4778 8972 0412 421 040

If interested in becoming an exhibitor contact Mary [email protected] or phone 02 6280 4700

Weather averages for Monto Airport in June high 22.5 to low 5.7 degrees C, wind speed 9am 4.4km/h, 3pm 7.5km/h, mean rainfall 24.9mm, 2.9 rainy days.

Monto also has its Monto Festival on at the same time (that's why accommodation is booked out), Rodeo, Street parade, Craft & art markets - surrounding towns have events on too. Airstrip is about 4.5km out of town, it does get below zero on some nights.

Sue

The domain name nor-raaus has just been registered and it will either be a stand alone web site or point to the RAAus web site - just waiting on instructions from Chris on what he wants to do

Agreed, I have already booked to take the family away and would love to have attended. That said, at least RAA are putting something on for the more northerly folk - hope it is well supported.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Ian

It has been entered into the Events Calender as "Northern Natfly".

I suspect that there can or will be only one "Natfly", so do you yet know what is to be the official name and I'll see if we need to edit the Events calender.

Regards Geoff

Guest David C

I won't be there .... flying off to the UK hopefully , volcanos permitting that is to attend the Royal International Air Tattoo and the Farnborough Air Display .. I'll be with you in spirit though ..

It is good to see this although I had been told it was to be on the May weekend, which I couldn't make. No fly in or display at Old Station this year, so I should be there.

I won't be there .... flying off to the UK hopefully , volcanos permitting that is to attend the Royal International Air Tattoo and the Farnborough Air Display .. I'll be with you in spirit though ..

Lucky Bugger!

Any spare room in that suitcase of yours?

Have a great trip Dave

Rgds

Planey

• 4 weeks later...

RA-Aus member notice board (W3C 01/10)

A little more info and 1 month to go:thumb_up:.

Well, hmmm, I've done a little shuffling of holiday plans and looks as though I am going to make it after all, best of all the change was at the instance of the minister for war and finance:big_grin:. Being a little deprived in the aircraft department(at the moment), I'm going to saddle up the company tractor and drive up (cheaper too) so once plans have firmed up, there is the possibility of my taking up a kitbag/tent or two for those (SEQ) that cannot fit them into their aircraft.

Look forward to putting a few more faces to the names.

Regards Carl

Starting to sound as though there is going to be a good sized contingent from SEQ, never mind further afield. Looking forward to it, especially after seeing what I missed at Natfly, in the latest magazine. Keep an eye open for the article by our own Tomo to see what I'm talking about.:thumb_up:

When are you leaving dazza?

Hi Carl, i think Saturday morning early, and going inland up Brisbane Valley Hwy.I think the Traffic coastal will be a problem. I will just punch "Monto", in the Garmin Nuvi and let it lead the way

I think you may have the right idea about the route, anyway I haven't seen the country beyond Nanango, so it might be interesting. I fed the two choices into whereis.com, inland is 4km longer and interestingly 5mins shorter - anything to avoid the Bruce on a long weekend!

I hope to be there on Saturday.... for the day only unfortunately due to other commitments 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

I've been offered a Drifter, which I would love to take... but will mean I'll only be there a couple hrs before I have to head back i_dunno

If the Lightning isn't getting used, I may consider that.... get the most of the day in that way! :thumb_up:

Guest DonningtonSmythe

This sounds like a job for "Gold Wing Airlines" again! Hoping to make it down and put some faces to names! :-)