Hooray! RAA Northern Fly-in Monto 12-14 June

FlyingVizsla

Hey Dazz,How long will it take you to drive from Boonah to Monte in the Patrol, I am planning to make it, but its a bloody long drive from Gosford. I have a plan, just trying to pull it off, I'll let you know.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

David

Hi David, i will be leaving from the gold coast, its about (according to where is -site), about six and a half hours, driving, from my place. If you would like, you can come here on friday, so as to brake up the trip abit.She is a fair way straight from you place, i reckon. 567.7 km from my place give or take.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DonningtonSmythe

Is anyone from the Townsville area looking for a passenger (willing to share costs but by his own admission a "heavyweight" pax - not certain what the MTOW is of some of the newer aircraft!)? ;-)

Guest bushcaddy pilot

Christian,

Contact Chris Ungermann I was going to go with him to share the driving etc but unfortunately I lost out to the boss and some urgent house hold inprovements, personnaly I cant see the comparison , flying weekend ------digging a river bed out and installing a windmill??? Oh well I must obay..

Im sure he would still be looking for someone though , worth a try.

Cheers

Dave

Guest DonningtonSmythe

G'day Dave, thanks for the lead. My plans may now be a little disrupted as well but I'll see how I go, would still like to get there if I can.

Will be there in the Eaglet.

That's the way to do it, spare a thought for us ground dwelling creatures - I'll be puttering up in the company tractor. When are you going up, Sat?

At this stage... should be there on the Saturday - considering no one has a major break down that is an emergency 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif

And should be in this -

15748d1272751547-inglewood-day-out-dsc09377.jpg

Ah thanks guys... yes nice machine - touchy but nice... full of glass though.... ;)

J120 is still here Rob, just thought I'd take something different... hopefully the Lightning is ready to go by then - getting it's fuel system checked over at the moment.

RA Aus have been fairly quiet on this subject - looks as though the last update on their site was 27 April or am I missing something?

Does anyone know who is running the show on the ground - I had thought of volunteering my labour on one of the days? I have been involved in quite a number of similar events and know that you seldom have enough hands on deck, particularly those that can use a radio properly and know where not to push on aircraft. I see Chris Ungermann is listed as event manager, I would think though that he has quite enough on his plate atm.

G'day Dazza, I'm going up with Jamie who owns the Eaglet, at this stage we are just going to fly up Saturday morning and fly home in the arvo, would have been good to stay but other commitments unfortunately.

Hope to see you guys there and Spin I reckon you should volunteer surely there is someone you can call.

I intend to be there and would like to put a face to some of the people from this site but with all the forum names even if I meet you I am guessing that I still will not know if you are a member of this site or just another pilot be it RA-AUS, GA or Airline.

Not a big problem but it is nice to put a face to a name and obviously this site contailns a cross section of all of the above.

Frank

I'll be there on thursday orvo, will be at the C.D.F.G. site (Callide dawson flying group) will have both the trusty old Lightwing and the Fisher there. Will be great to talk to a lot of you in person as this computer thing is a fair challenge for me. I put something on here and send it, then find out that I sent the damn thing to myself.:bad computer:

Depending on the Fog and weather I hope to leave home at first light, so should be there around 8am - ish. If there is fog... well, I'll leave as soon as it clears!

I'll have to be gone about 3pm, so hope to catch a few of you up there before then!

And unfortunately it doesn't look as if the Lightning will be ready, so the trusty J120 will be my machine.

G'day Dazza, I'm going up with Jamie who owns the Eaglet, at this stage we are just going to fly up Saturday morning and fly home in the arvo, would have been good to stay but other commitments unfortunately.Hope to see you guys there and Spin I reckon you should volunteer surely there is someone you can call.

Sounds like a good trip mate in the eaglet.I will volunteer my services when i get there.

I think Myles Breitkrutz will be the RAAus man on the ground as he is nearly local, I am told Eugene is coming up and no doubt there will be others fro RAAus. I am looking to get there on Friday. Look at my Avatar to see what my plane looks like, it is better looking than me I'me like a gnome with a grey beard.