What`s Happening???

...I have several adhesive mounting bases (for want of a better word) so I stuck one to the front, in the center of the wind-screen, about 10 inches from the top! I can see the screen and I can reach over the top to start and stop the recording...

Interesting; the camera moves a little in relation to the screen, so it must be a flexible mount. Still very smooth footage; no prop turbulence to deal with. Very nice music too- a great ad for our movement. (Just don't get too close to the fluffy white stuff.)

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrible bug this flying bug and now I`ve caught the video bug. Last Friday I was working with the excavator, here on our property, I needed a break so I went flying, shot some footage then put it tog

I regularly do some landings on my North-South strip to maintain my ability, this was yesterday...Keep in mind, I`m flying over my own property and I only do it solo.     Fran

Second Drifter flight for my 4 year old Great-Grand-Son, Deacon Theurillat.   Deacon2.mp4

Posted Images

This is Frank back when, with his only movie camera in far Nth QLD. Could not fit it in the Drifter -640415923_Frankoldcamera.jpg.2ec321498d2b930b8b3fce1bade3c8c1.jpg Right Frank - or did it fall out?

• Haha 2
On 9/21/2020 at 12:40 PM, Old Koreelah said:

Interesting; the camera moves a little in relation to the screen, so it must be a flexible mount.

It is interesting because the camera can`t move so I`m assuming it was just the Drifter moving around, there was turbulence! apparently the camera does have some inbuilt stabilization so it could be the camera making adjustments.

I`ve just started using the GoPro Hero 8 Black and I`ve got a lot to learn! by the way! in the photo the camera looks much larger than it really is due to the way I took the photo! it doesn`t impair my vision at all because I`m actually looking over the top of it. Oh! it can`t come off either.20200921_170058.jpg.3ff0dddf0d4098bbf4de0527d824984c.jpg 

Edited by farri
  • Informative 1

Something went wrong with my post, I`ll try and correct and post again as soon as I can fix it.

Edited by farri

Terrible bug this flying bug and now I`ve caught the video bug. Last Friday I was working with the excavator, here on our property, I needed a break so I went flying, shot some footage then put it together.

In the afternoon, I took up Rachel Platte and her father, who is up here for Rachel`s birthday! Rachel lives a couple of hundred meters up the road and has flown with me previously but for her father, it was his first Ultralight flight.

Just a side not! a while ago, Rachel brought a lady friend of hers here, for her first Ultralight flight! the lady was so impressed that she said she was going to learn to fly a Drifter so I gave her the information she needed! last Friday, Rachel told me the lady is now taking flying lessons, up in Darwin, where she lives.

Franco.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I regularly do some landings on my North-South strip to maintain my ability, this was yesterday...Keep in mind, I`m flying over my own property and I only do it solo.

Franco.

Edited by farri
typo
  • Like 3

On the weekend these guys turned up to see what Drifter flying is all about, so I showed them! I don`t know why the video screen is black but footage is there once you start it.

Jimmy (Large).JPG

Jayden.JPG

Domonic. (Large).JPG

Edited by farri
Add a comment about the black video screen.