Help save our airfield

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an example of where RA-Aus should be applying muscle and helping the local club with professional advice.[/Quote]Exactly. All you have to do is ask. We have just gone through this last week at Temora. Steve Tizzard can certainly write a hard-hitting letter

If ya have a spare 2 minutes, please fill out the form.

Thanx guys....

http://scrfc.com.au/save-jaspers-brush-airfield-petition/

Hi Motz. I put it out among the members of the Calide Dawson Flying Group Inc. so should get some feed back from them.

Cheers Davo.

Secretary C.D.F.G.Inc.:big_grin:

Exactly. All you have to do is ask. We have just gone through this last week at Temora. Steve Tizzard can certainly write a hard-hitting letter

There's been trouble at Temora??

(signed it too Motz)

Also done, Motz.

Turbos suggestions appear well worth investigating.

There are so few residences close to the strip, surely there can't be too many whingers?

I know everyone trys not to overfly nearby residences a much as possible, so would have thought there weren't too many objections to overcome.

Kind regards

Planey

There's been trouble at Temora??

without hijacking this thread, yeah, council has a "buyer" for the hangar blocks at the end of 27/09, so council want to just cut 250m off the rwy

Guest Jake.f

So a grass strip will become as busy as albion park?

I find that highly unlikely.

From looking at google earth it seems to be a long way from the nearest houses, so the complainers must be a small amount, or just people who are far too noise sensitive.

Done also Motz.

At least it looks like you currently have Council support and this should make it easier. A petition is always a great thing to start with, and I hope that despite most of us not being in the area, that pure weight of numbers helps. These things can go your way. We went through this with Caloundra Airport over the last few years with it finally being saved from the developers late last year. Good luck!!!!

Guest ozzie

Jaspers has a long and enjoyable history for us. It was an important location for the regular weekend gatherings back in those good ol bad old days. Great times with regular meet ups with the Windsock Club, the St Marys Mob all hosted by the same club that exists today. I've logged a quite a few hours there back then and have also jumped there. It would be a shame to see a small group of complainers spoil the place. As it is basically a flood plain there would be very little other use for the land other than the farming activities that go on now. Does Bowie still have the place?

Ozzie

Guest Maj Millard

Done...good luck Motz. I jumped there in the 70s when I was a regular meatbomb. You may want to touch base with the boys at South Grafton...I was told that airfield still exists because it is on a flood plain?............................Maj...

Hi Motz. I was at the Maryborough Wings and wheels fly-in a few weeks ago and was talking to a chap (didn't get his name or title) who spent quite some time searching documents through the 'freedom of the press' or what ever its called, and came up with the legal documents that said the airports after being handed from state to council had to be maintained as such for the duration. Don't take this as word perfect, but the gentleman did say that he got the documents into the council or courthouse? only about two or three days before they were going to close the strip, they where not happy but had to abide by the law, and Maryborough is still alive today because of that little epasode.

Might be worth a phone call to YMYB that's the QLD. Maryborough.

Hope this can help. Cheers Davo.

You need to do some work on this now Motz, looks to me as if someone is after development and is trying to manoeuvre you to put your existing rights on the table for a debate where someone thinks he can win with locals support. It's like putting all your money on the gambling table for a 50 50 bet.

You currently have existing rights to use the airfield as long as the owner wishes, but if you allow the Shoalhaven Local Environment Plan 1985 Amendment to be discussed, then the Council would have the opportunity to vote for development one way or the other, and if they decided to go that way, you would be going to the Tribunal asking that the Council decision be set aside on the grounds of existing rights.

In that pathway many things can happen, so in my opinion you need a Planning Consultant asap to decide the strategy.

Emotion has no bearing on the matter. While it's great that people are signing your petition from all over Australia, that just means fliers from all over Australia want to protect your operation, and the Council knows that. The petition will carry more weight if locals sign it, becaise then there's a chance of an upset at the polls, and you will carry more weight of locals show up at consultation meetings and council meetings, because Councillors get nervous about what the local press sees and takes photos of.

However, the petitions are usually mentioned, then put aside and the real decision is made on the facts of whether the application fits into the planning scheme, or whether cnaging the planning scheme is warranted, and during this process dates, definitions, uses, are what usually decides it.

The Local Environment Plan/Development Control Plan/Section 94/Misc/SPP list shows all current projects have closed, so either it's too late to comment on the amendment you are talking about, or it hasn't seen the light of day yet, in which case the first line of attack is to make sure the idea is dropped now. For that you need the Planning Consultant.

I'd still keep the petition signatures coming in, but you need to get going on the Process now.