China is coming.

The problem with all these wacky aviation engines, by the time you pay for the custom exhaust, mount, radiators to be fabricated and your engine installed you haven't saved any money over buying a 912s. And then you come to the problem of keeping it flying when there are no parts in the country.

If you want your engine to succeed you need a high degree of FWF compatibility with the 912s.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with all these wacky aviation engines, by the time you pay for the custom exhaust, mount, radiators to be fabricated and your engine installed you haven't saved any money over buying a 912s. And then you come to the problem of keeping it flying when there are no parts in the country.If you want your engine to succeed you need a high degree of FWF compatibility with the 912s.

Yeah, nah.

All parts are already available over the counter and have been for the last 20 years at a 1/10 the price of Jab or Rotax etc, parts.

I don't see how you justify your "wacky" or "parts availability" comments at all without knowing a single thing about the engine or it's concept foundation 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

If you can't mount the engine and (supplied) radiator for the $10,000 difference to the Rotax then I have a bridge to sell you 066_naughty.gif.fdb194956812c007d0f5d54e3c692757.gif anyway, I mentioned it will use Jab engine mounts so that certainly lessens the burden as there's a few off the shelf mounts already available for the Jab for various planes.

The exhaust if by far easier to fabricate than any Jab, Rotax etc., and I'll repeat, it would be advisable to wait for concept info before making comments.

Oh all right here's a sneak preview ..

Any chance there will be a diesel variant an some time?

I know very little about diesels and especially making them efficient so not likely and even if I found the right people to help who would not come cheaply, at the rate they are improving these days with billions being invested, I believe by the time I released one it would already be outdated.

you are set to become the willy wonka of aviation engines?

No Mate, quite happy to keep numbers and headaches limited, lifes too short and I'm too old.

Oh all right here's a sneak preview ..

I've seen that before somewhere ....

:)

Anyway you guys should love our new engines. I can't say too much right now but they are different to the usual crop and will also sound much better.

Actually Bill I saw a few sets of conrods that would suit that at Erzhong in my city a few weeks ago, I wonder if they get them made here.

Have a look around Erzhongs website, it's the the biggest general engineering works in the world .. http://www.china-erzhong.com/erzhong-en/dy/ShowArticle.asp?ArticleID=887

If you go to 'Facility Capability', 'Forging Capability' and have a look at the 2nd small 3D picture of an 800MN press, I can tell you it's very real and I have stood in front of it with my jaw on the ground, it's indescribably massive. It's soon to be commissioned and Rolls Royce are waiting for it to press turbine housings and other parts for their next generation ginormous jet engine that can't be made until this particular press is finished.

Well I am looking forward to seeing what Bex is offering, if what he has is cheaper and as safe to fly as what we have now, why not, I don't have $100k or more to throw at a new plane, so let's give him a fair go and see what he come's up with, you never know.

David

• Agree 3

Actually Bill I saw a few sets of conrods that would suit that at Erzhong in my city a few weeks ago, I wonder if they get them made here.Have a look around Erzhongs website, it's the the biggest general engineering works in the world .. http://www.china-erzhong.com/erzhong-en/dy/ShowArticle.asp?ArticleID=887

If you go to 'Facility Capability', 'Forging Capability' and have a look at the 2nd small 3D picture of an 800MN press, I can tell you it's very real and I have stood in front of it with my jaw on the ground, it's indescribably massive. It's soon to be commissioned and Rolls Royce are waiting for it to press turbine housings and other parts for their next generation ginormous jet engine that can't be made until this particular press is finished.

Oh yeah that's biiiig.

Wouldn't want to get your fingers caught in it.

Well I am looking forward to seeing what Bex is offering, if what he has is cheaper and as safe to fly as what we have now,

Hi David,

Thanks for the encouragement, I have found Flyers to be more encouraging and generally more receptive to each other than a few other fields I have been involved with. If I seem a bit snappy sometimes I assure you it's just a carry over from those other fields and I'm trying hard to change!

I don't have $100k or more to throw at a new plane,

Well who does Mate, that's a chunk of change to anybody for a hobby and quite unreasonable for the average bloke.

I'll have announcements of what's going on at the end of the month.

If I seem a bit snappy sometimes I assure you it's just a carry over from those other fields and I'm trying hard to change

Nah it's just the curse of lengthy typed conversations engaging multiple participants without the benefit of facial expression and body language etc., what may be perceived as a little harsh in an email or forum post may be quite different said face to face, then again some seem to enjoy a dig now and then to 'stimulate' debate

• Agree 2

Just be careful to fully check the credentials of your supplier by an independent verifiable source------------------------------------------------------------G,day-Dave-thanks-for-that-advice-i-agree-100%-but-i-have-used-hobbyking-for-four-years-and-55-orders-and-all-aircraft-rangeing-from-simple-basic-trainers-to-sr71,s-and-all-types-inbetween-have-been-delivered-on-time-and-have-flown-straight-out-of-the-box-as-advertised,,,,,,,so-as-you-can-see-i,m-converted-ps--the-same-models-from-any,,any,,australian-[gimme,gimme]hobbyshop-would-have-cost-4-times-as-much,,,,And-Bex-you-go-for-it-mate-the-diehards-thought-the-world-was-flat-once-lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ps-i,m-now-so-used-to-no-keyboard-it-has-become-my-style-so-i,ll-continue-without---[dont-like-it-dont-read-it-

• Like 1

G'day Bull,

Having 55 orders successfully filled over 4 years is a good record. Well done for finding a reliable supplier.

Bex, we shall look forward to your announcements in due course.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1