WAC Surveyor: A New Drifter

Looks great, and it looks pretty rugged enough to use as a trainer. I guess the next question would be how many students would be happy learning to fly in a open cockpit like that. Like we did learning to fly in Drifters in the good old days.

I wonder how much the kit version is going to cost ? Also as the gent said, it will probably be ELSA because the fuselage will be completed at the factory and the kit probably wont make the 51% rule.

Exactly. Anyone riding a motorbike would immediately understand this is a good way to train and have waaaaaaay too much fun doing it. 80hp with the same wing area as a drifter and about the same mass would be a winning combination for ab-initio training.

North of the Tweed river a least

Will there be a tail dragger?

I'd like to see them get that past the Australia. Prices Justification Tribunal if someone complained, there is no way in the world that airframe can be justified for $60,000+.

I'd like to see them get that past the Australia. Prices Justification Tribunal if someone complained, there is no way in the world that airframe can be justified for $60,000+.

Well there you go Bex......

Your engine, Jab wing, rag and tube tail.......how much? $35 000 fly away.......012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Haha 1

Empty weight is 307+ kg's, same as Savannah with a LOT less bulk, must be constructed using heavier materials and would be very strong. They are developing a wind effective fairing for the pilot but the passenger is sitting in 90kn wind. MTOW 600kg but no storage space

Empty weight is 307+ kg's, same as Savannah with a LOT less bulk, must be constructed using heavier materials and would be very strong. They are developing a wind effective fairing for the pilot but the passenger is sitting in 90kn wind. MTOW 600kg but no storage space

Yep first thing I though was storage. Increase the front fairing at least and add some storage around the pilot. Wheel track seems quite thin.

Why would it be registered with RAAS when you have a RPL????The only reason for going to a RPL is to be able to go to that extra design weight that some are made for

It's not the license or certificate that would dictate the design weight but the regulation it's registered under, (ie RA-Aus or VH-)