Another NEW Savannah S on it's way in NZ

IBob

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bob,

This is fantastic news: it is great to see that, after the many hours of meticulous work that you have poured into SVA, it is now fully airborne.

May you have many happy hours of flight in your new Savannah!

• Like 1

And she flies.........[ATTACH]42326[/ATTACH]

You have just fulfilled the name of this thread: "Another NEW Savannah S on it's way in NZ".

Your NEW Savannah S is demonstrably on its way in New Zealand.

BTW: I love the blue colour you have chosen for this plane. :spot on:

Thank you, Hank. Currently undergoing flight then endurance testing, which in NZ is 10hrs for a kit build.

No majors so far, aside from mysterious loss of fuel pressure on extended climbs, which had us all scratching our heads until Perry suggested removing the shipping bung in the gauge: with this still in place, the gauge body remains internally pressurised as the aircraft climbs, so the pressure delivered by the fuel pump (which is falling as the atmospheric pressure round the aircraft falls in the climb) appears to steadily fall away. The pilot brought back a pic of the aircraft in a hard climb with a fuel pressure of zero.

I should add that this has been mentioned on Rec Flying at least once before.

Testing is currently paused while the pilot goes to work, will resume on the weekend: the test phase should be done Saturday, and SVA will then be handed off to another pilot to complete the endurance.

In the meantime I have taken just a little pitch off the prop, and am sorting out some noisy air leaks where the wing roots meet the windscreen.

Oh...and I have some stuff my better half wants done before I vanish entirely........)

• 2 weeks later...

The real treat is still ahead for you Bob - wait until you fly her from the pilot's seat.

The aircraft looks beautiful; after following your build log religiously, I know it is a gem.

Congratulations!!!

Dan

• Like 1

Thank you, Hank. Currently undergoing flight then endurance testing, which in NZ is 10hrs for a kit build.

No majors so far, aside from mysterious loss of fuel pressure on extended climbs, which had us all scratching our heads until Perry suggested removing the shipping bung in the gauge: with this still in place, the gauge body remains internally pressurised as the aircraft climbs, so the pressure delivered by the fuel pump (which is falling as the atmospheric pressure round the aircraft falls in the climb) appears to steadily fall away. The pilot brought back a pic of the aircraft in a hard climb with a fuel pressure of zero.

I should add that this has been mentioned on Rec Flying at least once before.

Testing is currently paused while the pilot goes to work, will resume on the weekend: the test phase should be done Saturday, and SVA will then be handed off to another pilot to complete the endurance.

In the meantime I have taken just a little pitch off the prop, and am sorting out some noisy air leaks where the wing roots meet the windscreen.

Oh...and I have some stuff my better half wants done before I vanish entirely........)

Hi Bob, 

I hope you can solve the noisy air leaks where the wing roots meet the windscreen.

I hope the noise is not generated by the modified shape.

• 3 weeks later...
Found the other half!  Now final inspection complete a just getting acceptable paperwork through RAA for a Permit to Test Fly.

Great news, Steve! Don't forget to post the pics so we can all enjoy....)

• Agree 2