Bloody Jetstar

Admin

Sitting on the plane and Capt just announced that he is unable to advise of a departure time as Sydney Airports have had some kind of equipment failure just now...might be getting off the plane

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were scheduled to fly Jetstar Brisbane to Melbourne to connect with a Sri Lankan Airways flight last week. Jetstar cancelled the flight and rebooked us on a Qantas flight departing an hour and a half earlier and didn’t inform us. No chance of missing that flight was there, not much. Only reason I knew at all was because my son in NSW wanted to check if we would overfly his place. He rang me around midnight and I then got onto their chat line which was the only way I found out what flight we were moved to, and you know what? They really didn’t care. I was told they sent me an email and if I didn’t get it, that wasn’t their problem!!! No text message!!! The only email I had from them, which I reckon was sent instead of the cancellation one, was one confirming we were checked in for our return flight next Thursday. Apart from our return flight home, I will not be flying Jetstar again! Nor Qantas if I can help it as long as the Irish leprechaun is running it!!

Why is it that my Monday morning flights seem to ALWAYS BE THE SAME...THE 5.45 FLIGHT IS ALWAYS CANCELLED and i end up on the 7.35 flight which leaves generally on time

Is this "normal" or does it "just" happen for you, Ian? Book in as Butcher or Candlestickmaker, and see what happens then . Nev

You could always try booking under "B. O'neal" and if it's delayed, trot out the Don't you know who I am?!?!? line?

Again bloody Jetstar!! I am sitting in the hotel in Sri Lanka after having simply and easily checked in online for our flight to Melbourne. Ok I think, I may as well check in for our connecting flight to Brisbane, but Nooooooo!!! No can do, Jetstar say we have to check in via the agent who booked the tickets?????? So, I thought I would check the flight status, but again Noooo! Put in flight number and date only to be told, no flights available!!!!! What, this airline is Crap with a capital C!

The old adage ... you get what you pay for.

After similar experiences to all of the above that Ian and others have shared, I vowed to NEVER (unless I am forced to) travel with shitstar again. At least if Virgin and Qantas cancel, they do everything they can to look after you.

Who's going to Venezuela?[ATTACH=full]61051[/ATTACH]

Haha... yes a slip of the finger , should have said BNE of course ..

Currently sitting At Melbourne Airport waiting for our 15.35 flight, currently 17.56 and departure board is saying ‘estimated ‘ departure 19.12! Is Jetstar a shit airline? I rest my case!

Is the MEL - BNS flight a Sri Lankan code share ? .

No mate, just booked with Sri Lankan to Colombo from Brisbane and they booked us on Jetstar. Absolutely crap airline. Just what we need after ten hour flight from Colombo!

The old adage ... you get what you pay for.After similar experiences to all of the above that Ian and others have shared, I vowed to NEVER (unless I am forced to) travel with shitstar again. At least if Virgin and Qantas cancel, they do everything they can to look after you.

Have to agree mate. If you allow at least an hour travel to the airport. Probably two hours prior to departure, at least two hours delay (so far) two and a half hours flight time, probably at least a half hour to collect baggage and then (for us) a two hour drive home. I could probably drive it in not much more!

In the race to the bottom perhaps they are close to leading? EVERYBODY buys the CHEAPEST fare What to you expect? A Rolls Royce for a KIA price.. Minginess lowers quality. Nev

Well I am waiting in anticipation of my flight this evening, the 18:15 JQ 523 Sydney to Melbourne, I wonder if I will be lucky this week. I have started booking the 7:35 JQ 502 flight on Mondays now instead of the 5:45 flight as this one keeps getting cancelled.

Bad flights this Fri and Mon though...middle seat on both flights

Flying anywhere in Friday afternoons is the pits. You have my condolences and I am glad its not me. Canberra tends to get more of the rough end of the pineapple unless parliament recesses.

Often parliament ends for the week on a Thursday night which leaves a whole day to get back to the electorate.

When parliament rises for the week on a Friday or runs into the night, the tickets are expensive, flights are full but there are no cancellations.

I know this isn't a co-incidence because I know the kind of grief the parliamentary office managers can sling back at the airlines for a perceived lack of performance.

Jet$tar's fluff-up this morning will be inconsequential to them because the people they don't want to upset fly tonight. They will be working very hard to get their manure in a sock by then otherwise it will be a PR disaster

The worst thing about Canberra is there isn't any budget airline so you only have Qatas and Virgin. It cost a lot more to fly Melb Canberra return than Melb Bris return which is 3 times the distance. It took me 6hrs door to door driving the car Melb to Canberra and 4.5 hrs door to door flying and my car, a 2lit turbo diesel, gives me 5.8 litres per 100klm on that trip.

This picture shows that I filled up in Canberra, was only my way to Melbourne, I had been driving for 1hr 25mins, I had travelled 143 Klms in that time, I had used on average 5.2 litres per 100klms and I still had a distance of 995klms of fuel left in the tank. I had the cruise control on and set at 115kph which shows an indicated 110kph and the over head speed indicator at Albury showed a speed of 111kph. The car is a current model MD Ford Mondeo Titanium Wagon.

[ATTACH]36619[/ATTACH]

20170309_123300.jpg.fae215abe8197b9180fad6880e507176.jpg

At the airport now YSSY, a bit early but work finished early and notice the early flight is already cancelled so hopefully mine (JQ 523) is going to be ok...it's very windy here at YSSY at the moment

Oops, already its changed...now showing 35mins late departure and there is still 3hrs to go

Down to single runway ops due to the 30kt x wind on the main N/S runways .