Bloody Jetstar

Admin

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez mate, your timing is bad. Just got home from a few hours fishing on Botany Bay, and there was plenty of room for you in the boat.

With your computer skills, you might have even been able to work out where the fish were feeding. That would have been a bonus.

• 4 weeks later...

I am at the airport again and I can say that since I changed over to Tiger I never seem to have any real problems...touch wood. I know they had a bad name for delays and cancellations but possibly since Virgin took them over they have upp'd their game...I know famous last words

You know I spoke too soon. Whilst my Friday flight was no problems I got up early on Monday morning to catch my flight to Sydney and whilst sitting there in my dressing gown having my first coffee for the day I get an email from Tiger saying my 6:45am flight to Sydney has been cancelled due to operational reasons and they had re-booked me on the 18:45 flight...that's 12 hours later.

I had an extremely important meeting at 2pm that day with the CEO which I was not going to make not to mention the loss of a whole day's wages. I called Tiger and the only other flight they could offer me was for memory around 1pm so I would still miss my meeting.

Now I actually had my car in Melb due to an issue I was having with it over the last 6 months (long story) and I was almost about to get a brand new replacement car from Ford with it but they tried one last time to fix it which they said they now have and Corrine only picked up the car late on Friday. Anyway the car was at home and I had not booked a flight next Monday back to Syd as I was going to drive the car back if it had been fixed.

By this time it was 5:45am so I thought I could drive up if I left now...it is an 8hr drive door to door if I pushed it, so I told Tiger to move my booking to next Monday which they did. I jumped in the car and drove to Sydney and luckily the car did the trip without issue so it looks like the car is fixed great but I knew it would be very very close on whether I made it for my meeting or not. I got to work at 10mins to 2pm, changed into my suit in the car park and rushed in to my meeting with the CEO.

The point of the story is that whilst Tiger has been much better than JetStar by a long shot, when they stuff up they REALLY stuff up and I was just extremely lucky that I had another option (JertStar was booked out anyway) available, an option that I would not normally have had.

You go by plane, on a regular scheduled service, to get there quickly, not a day or so later. Operational reasons might be the plane was not going to be full. You will only get better service going with an operator who runs more flights along that route.  Nev

This was the first complete flight cancellation I have had with Tiger however with JetStar, who perhaps might have more flights on the Melb-Syd route, the Monday morning flight was a regular cancellation and for a while there it was every single Monday but they were able to get me on the next 2 or so flights. JetStar Friday evening cancellations were also often and I found myself on a Qantas flight a few hours later. Overall though Tiger has been more reliable

Ian,

You might do better to get yourself out to a truck stop at Camberwell, or other place on the Hume and hitch a ride with an over-nighter. On the way home, go to Uncle Louie's at the Cross Roads, near Liverpool and get a ride from there.

As a side note @facthunter if you want ti know the story about my car, it was experiencing many transmission failures, you can read the story and see the videos at:

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11476408

In one incident I was almost killed about 200klm from Melb with B-Double trucks up my rear forcing me off into the scrub and a car in the next lane also ending up in the scrub.

• 7 months later...

Jetstar strikes again. 

They banned a Samoan woman from boarding a flight in Queenstown NZ because her toddler was not wearing shoes. I can understand a walking passenger requiring shoes, but surely a toddler would be carried by the parent. Other people offered to buy shoes for the child, but Jetstar still refused, saying the shoes had to be worn during boarding, throughout the flight and while disembarking.

Sorry to read about all the trouble Ian's been having with JetFarce.  They really are a dreadful airline and their reliability is appalling. Until a couple of years ago I was a very regular traveller and departing Darwin often used their service to Singapore. For about three years JetFarce held a monopoly on routes to Southeast Asia from Darwin.

I am not exaggerating to say that more than half of all the flights I took with them were either delayed, cancelled or lost my luggage. It was a shocking  track record. I simply do not understand how the company remain in business...

I missed  connecting flights  several times, and I the end had to always organise a day stopover in Singapore  to accommodate  the vaguaries of JetFarce. These days my wife and I will not fly with them on principle.  

The topic of delayed flights puts me in mind of a funny airport announcement I once heard  (about 30 years ago!) I was at Cairo airport in Egypt,  there to pick up a friend who was arriving from Baghdad. Her flight was delayed. The announcer said '' Iraq Airways Flight  432 will not be arriving on time. We hope they are alright....".   

Alan

With any of these cheap fights when you buy the ticket you accept the fine print, in that fine print they say they have the right to cancel, postpone or redirect any flight when ever they want to. Cheap flights, you get what you pay for.

I have flown Qantas for work about 6 times in the last 3 weeks, including interstate. 

Not the Qantas as I remember from 10 or 15 yrs ago and seemed very budget airline orientated. (small box of food) 

But I will say every flight left pretty much on time. Got Turned back from Devonport due to low cloud and was put up in a hotel in Melbourne for the night. I found the Dash 8 seats were actually build for a "western" male and comfortable. The seats on their 737's look to be built for 5'2" asians... and were horrendously uncomfortable. Headrests at shoulder height? wtf is that? 

Headrests at shoulder height? wtf is that? 

I hear your pain !   It 6'5" in the old language the head rest actually pushes you forward at the shoulder blades so you have no support between your shoulder blades and your bum unless you bend over and touch your toes to get your back in a curved arch.

Nobody and I say nobody of any size would actually sit in the seats to approve them to go in an aircraft.

I have written to them about this a few times and they suggest I purchase two seats side-by-side which is what they call a comfort seat. They don't have any idea that I don't need to spread out wider....   I need a better seat back.

I'm 6'1" and never had an issue with headrests. For lower lumbar support I ask for a pillow, put it behind me and have my seat belt uncomfortably tight, but it works for no sore backs.

I also occasionally put my feet on the seat, knees up, and extend the seatbelt all the way around my shins, and sleep like that.

Surprising 99% of people apparently don't know the ear flaps on the headrest can be bent forwards for better side support of your head.

Last flight was with Xiamen Airlines, new China mob, most leg room I have ever had in an aircraft (economy), both their link flight and International - but they might be grounded at the moment as they were Boeing Max, not sure.

Highly reccomend them, leg space, service, food, clean etc and dirt cheap.