Does anyone know where all of SOAR Aviation aircraft are now that they have been shut down ?

Have they been shut down? They lost the Box Hill relationship, but their website is still active.

Websites can be paid for 12-24 (twelve or twenty four - as a pilot, I don’t want to be called out for abbreviation on here) or even more months in advance. Sometimes with a business is shutting down, I doubt many would care about that website part unless there are ongoing payments needed to keep it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Until recently there were a couple of yellow foxbats and a Vixxen on planesales that appeared after the school first shut down. I kind of assumed that's where they came from. Despite the disparaging remarks I've had a great time learning in a Foxbat, even though I've now flown a few different GA planes (though admittedly nothing all that much faster) I still really enjoy it and find it's a great plane to take friends up in for a scenic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well that ends my Saturday excursions and Bendigo Flying Club membership. I can head in other directions form Kyneton.

That's progress !

Big flash new runway,.......the writing was on the wall. City of greater Bendigo just had to Fxck things up like they always do with most things !

So much for the letters of objection to landing fees that we all sent in . Some overpaid wanker probably through them in the bin.

Bendigo's a tourist town with lots of attractions and accommodation close to the Airport port. Apparently people who fly aircraft don't count. You can drive up the multi million dollar Calder Freeway to visit for free, but arrive in an aircraft...........money for jam! ( honestly our Council is as dumb as DOG SH!T )

We have a great club and facilities that welcomes all visitors. Now we will end up like Shepparton Airport, it was a regular place to drop in for all of our club members.

Since they introduced landing fees none of our members or training pilots visit as they won't pay landing fees.

Since they introduced landing fees none of our members or training pilots visit as they won't pay landing fees.

Common response, but short-sighted. We had the same issue about 10 years back where landing charges were applied to our RPT airport. We negotiated a 'no fee' option for aircraft visiting for specific events, eg, the Aero Clubs Sunday breakfast, SAAA Chapter meetings, CASA meetings, other aviation related events, meetings etc.

All that;s required is that the airport manager receives a list of the visiting regos from the event organiser, and the regos are wiped from the listing sent to the accounts section of the City Council.

It's far from perfect, but it does leave us some wriggle room. At least 2 other airports in WA have eventually agreed to lift all fees for <1500 kg MTOW, but it takes time, and some goodwill to achieve it.

happy days,

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I don't fly now, but when I did I had no problem with landing fees as such, but I certainly might have adjusted my plans based on the LEVEL of the fees. And I'd feel the same about it if I was flying now. Rottnest Island over here in WA slapped very high landing fees on their (very basic) strip some years ago, which has (apparently) reduced leisure aircraft visits to almost nothing - it would be nice to think that someone on the management board might see that and make some constructive conclusions about it. If it was $10 or $15 it wouldn't bother me, but it's $56. There have been many complaints over the last many years that most of Rotto's services are now heavily overpriced - so much for the "people's island". I remember going over there to do circuits in a 152 once when Jandakot was very busy, way back in the 1980s. It was (is) a testing strip, because it nearly always has a fairly stiff crosswind.

I took at look at Red750's video in post #6 and noticed a lot of what looked like Bristells had their flaps down. Is it normal to park them with their flaps down?

No idea re Bristells but I always leave mine down on the RV. Easier for me to get down and stops others from standing on them.

• Informative 1