My horn stopped working! Ideas?

The stall warning horn from my Jabiru that is!. I noticed there was no noise when I had a suck on it during pre-flight testing. On closer inspection I noticed the reed thing from the end of the horn has gone to live elsewhere.  I bought some party blowers which are too big and made my own reed from a straw which worked until I shoved it in the end of the horn. The opening is only about 5mm ID I'm guessing. Has anyone else had troubles with their horn and how did you fix it? Jabiru can supply a new one but that is too easy! I have scoured the internet for a solution and have drawn a blank.

442788399_20201025_153228(2).thumb.jpg.b91fbf2c1754a1774a10cdd174e5a3d3.jpg

Fix Jabiru stall warning horn.

So I solved my own problem here, on closer inspection the horn revealed the remains of a plastic bit which turns out is the squeaky part from a squeaky toy not a horn. $4 from the pet section of a local supermarket, removed the squeaker from a dog chew toy, inserted into my horn and hey presto works like a new one! 

325232329_20201025_163932(2).thumb.jpg.70b8d5bc7f5eb36ff5607afd8b04b391.jpg

• Like 2
  • Caution 1

15 hours ago, octave said:

So do those pills really work?   Just asking for my grandad

The nursing home staff probably already give them to your Grandad.  Stops him rolling out of bed at night...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4