New CEO For RAA.

walrus

Let’s all do our best to support our new CEO. From my brief reading of his resume, he has very considerable aviation experience. He deserves a fair go in implementing the RAA business strategy.

• Agree 1

Thanks OT. As there is no-one at the helm till he takes over I guess he'll have to make his own announcement. A member for 10 years but part owns a GA registered Grumman Tiger. Now what should we make of that?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well, we can take from his aircraft choice, that he knows a good little aircraft when he sees one! :classic_cool:  As to being a GA man, well, I guess time will tell what he's like.

I gather from the tone of the article he has a lot of work in front of him dealing with bureaucracy.

His resume looks OK and I wish him well. We need someone with experience and ability, so he may be just the man.

Don't knock him until you can come up with a sensible criticism, which I hope you cannot do.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Why didn't they send the email to all members. There seems to be something really screwed up with their distribution lists. I seem to get some things but not everything, this announcement being one of them.

And check Spam.  My ISP has started sending bulk mail out emails to the Spam folder on their servers.  Means I have to log into my email through the web to access that Spam folder, which is different to the spam folder on my Email client which tosses things to Spam too.  Really annoying at the ISP level, because they are Spamming things I regularly read and sending junk like Fishpond and Phishing scams through.  I am slowly re-educating it.

1 hour ago, walrus said:

KGW, have you logged in to the website and checked your email address recently?

Yes I have checked and also my email address has not changed in 9 years so they know where to send reminders to pay membership & aircraft rego. I just seem to get missed when some announcements are made. Last night I decided to have a whinge so sent an email about the problem to all 6 of the RAAus email addresses I have. I got an automated response from all except [email protected].

At least this guy has an aviation background and won't need to spend a year learning about ultralights, CASA regs, etc.  Hopefully he is a good manager.  Remember our last CEO came from the RSPCA.  A previous CEO was ex-military.  We have come a long way from when it was run by volunteers in their spare time.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I hope he is good, but the job seems a bit like the prison camp capos of ww2. What can the incumbent  do if CASA makes demands? Does the job allow the incumbent to disagree with anything CASA wants?

The main threat to our existence as fliers is the cost. Look at how gliding has shrunk since it ceased to be the cheapest way to fly. What can the new guy do to lower costs?  Owner maintenance and less red-tape and lower fees come to mind. But CASA has to approve everything I think.  

• Like 1