Thruster Parts (Australia)

Captain Beaver

On 28/11/2021 at 9:00 PM, Thruster88 said:

Another thruster has followed me home. Almost free, it has good potential to return to the sky. Engine has no data plate, it is a dual carb but with smaller bing 84 carbs not the usual 54, think it might be a 447. Just need a pod and remove the mods.

Resized_20211127_134607_1355.jpeg

Resized_20211128_103327_1935.jpeg

If the airframe and skins check out ok and I think they will, this one will be going to a very good home in the local area. Another one saved. 

• Like 2

Helped a young friend rescue this shed dweller yesterday. Simply by talking about my love of Thrusters and taking people that are interested for a fly we have caused 7 such unregistered machines to be on the path to airworthiness and all will be registered again. Just doing my bit for grass roots recreational flying.

Resized_20211218_105846_7185.jpeg

Resized_20211218_125608_5350.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Winner 4

24 minutes ago, APenNameAndThatA said:

Thrusters have a tractor propeller, and Drifters have a pusher (ie thruster) propeller. Can we swap the names to end the confusion, please? 

any propeller is a thruster no matter which way it points. and to add to the confusion, who would want a propeller on their tractor anyway.

• Haha 2

On 19/12/2021 at 4:18 PM, Thruster88 said:

Helped a young friend rescue this shed dweller yesterday. Simply by talking about my love of Thrusters and taking people that are interested for a fly we have caused 7 such unregistered machines to be on the path to airworthiness and all will be registered again. Just doing my bit for grass roots recreational flying.

Resized_20211218_105846_7185.jpeg

Resized_20211218_125608_5350.jpeg

when are we going to have a thruster muster

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, jackc said:

I reckon some planning needs to be done 🙂

i agree. it would be great to get a big group together. might be a bit hard to pick an area thats suitable for everyone.distance wise that is.

7 hours ago, BrendAn said:

when are we going to have a thruster muster

It will be maybe six months before our group is all going. We are all on farms with strips so have good options for a gathering.

In '92 I flew by myself from Nyngan in central NSW to Torquay on the coast south of Geelong in one long day, about 400nm. Four avgas fuel stops. Not sure I would want to do that now but it can be done.

Holbrook could be an option, good strips, the home of the first AUF flyin which we attended with two Thrusters from Nyngan. It also has an interesting collection of early ultralights. 

20180415_075504.jpg

20180223_141301.jpg

Edited by Thruster88
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Thruster88 said:

Holbrook could be an option, good strips, the home of the first AUF flyin which we attended with two Thrusters from Nyngan.

We were there in '91. I had the Pteradactyl. A storm blew in on Saturday night and overturned a few aircraft. Pictured below you can see Howard Rockey's Scout inverted. Me with the coffee cup on the right.

natfly 91.jpg

• Like 2

I flew from Longreach to Old Station fly-in Raglan in 2005, Longreach to Springsure the first day 6 and a half hours. Had a ground speed of 32kts most of the way. Springsure to Old Station fly-in 5 hours, 3 fuel stops.

Flew home from Old Station fly-in in 1 day, I was doing 70kts ground speed at one stage, most of the way I was getting around 60kts, 3 fuel stops home. 363nm.

• Like 2
  • Winner 3

Old station is 601nm from my strip, not happening in a thruster.😂 Closer to home there is an RAAus flyin planned for Parkes NSW on April 1-3 2022, we should get some Thrusters to that one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Methusala said:

Don't think that any of the UK'ers will attend an Aussie fly-in even with a double vaccination passport.😁😁😁

They are Aussies on the UK forum. They are not in the uk

• Agree 1

Just now, Methusala said:

Mate, your response time to my posted foto. Just sayin' that was lightning fast.😁

I don't muck around. No I was just reading other posts when yours popped up. Great photos.  Have a merry Christmas don.

P.s. got the Brolga prop back and fitted it as well as the replacement flywheel and stator. Just waiting on lessons now.

• Like 1