Jabiru fuel filter empty.

Get used to it. Unlikely to get any better. All we make here is promises and no one keeps them.  Our word is YOUR problem. Use it at your own risk.  Short Courses on New Zealand accents, clean fine gravel  provided . Travel overseas without fear of being recognised as Australian. Saved literally hundred of lives already.  Be prepared . Not sorry. Nev

Hi all, first post so be gentle.

Looking to replace all filters in Jabiru 3300, and its been a while. Previously used RYCO products. Now see that Jabiru are suggesting Joywell. Why the change? Are RYCO better? Where can I get the Joywell products? Are there better quality options? Should one stray from Jabiru official position?

image.thumb.png.e9a7b25d2b4ee210281dfb0944f72e27.png

Thanks in advance.

David

9 hours ago, kgwilson said:

They look exactly the same as the fuel filters sold at Supercheap for $5.00.

When it comes to filters - looks can be deceiving as can price.

The filter medium, the surface area and the integrity of the casing may look the same/similar but have quite diffident capabilities.

Price is as always a poor indicator of quality - just a few short years ago 🤣 my marketing lecturer told me  that human psyche equates price with quality, so rather than dropping the price of an underperforming (sales) product, put it up and it will likely sell like "hot cakes" (true there is a bit more to it but as base a telling observation).

The SCA product may be better /worse/equal,than the Jab recommended and the price almost certainly 200% or more than the purchase/production  cost($5)  has no relevance, as a quality assessment, what so ever. 

18 hours ago, danstee said:

Thanks Nev - do you have a favourite source?

Buy them from Jabiru, support local Industry.

And Jabiru will supply you with an Invoice which is handy and may be useful for a warranty claim.

Same day shipping and advice if required.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Roscoe said:

Buy them from Jabiru, support local Industry. _ hardly! more like supporting an inflated price put on top of imported product by Jab , but then they do have  handling, admin, interest and storage costs

And Jabiru will supply you with an Invoice which is handy and may be useful for a warranty claim. - very true and quite likely worth the additional  cost above

Same day shipping and advice if required.

How many times have you lot seen a fuel filter of any brand clogged or severely contaminated? In 50 years of tinkering with donks from lawn mowers to turbine donks I’ve never seen a severely effected fuel filter! 
get over it!😂

3 hours ago, Flightrite said:

How many times have you lot seen a fuel filter of any brand clogged or severely contaminated? In 50 years of tinkering with donks from lawn mowers to turbine donks I’ve never seen a severely effected fuel filter! 
get over it!😂

I have - because I "tinker" people bring me their dead mowers/chain saws/brush cutter/pumps/etc -  Man the crap that comes out of the filters/carburetors/fuel tank/even sumps (sometimes very little of anything) BUT this is just ignorant owners. Regular preventative practices/maintenance and non of this happens. Like you I have never had a blocked filter on my own vehicles/equipment but once I had a tank full of dodgy diesel - drained the lot & replaced with fresh, as soon as we limped home in low gear.

I'm very fussy where I buy fuel and have had numerous fuel filters that were essentiallyfully blocked. These are the full sized ones too..  and with petrol. Mogas.. I've also had fuel go off in motorbike tanks and had to blow out the lines as well as fix filters. I reckon a flow rate check should be part of every annual. Nev

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...