Nice relaxed short Kiwi thing on talking with ATC.........more or less........)

IBob

9,999 times out of a 1000? And this guy’s a pilot?….😉😂😂Try talking to Auckland or Nandi Radio (HF) whilst out over the Pacific in the middle of the night in TS’s….nightmare stuff!

Edited by Flightrite

1 hour ago, Flightrite said:

9,999 times out of a 1000? And this guy’s a pilot?….😉😂😂Try talking to Auckland or Nandi Radio (HF) whilst out over the Pacific in the middle of the night in TS’s….nightmare stuff!

Not only a pilot, a real pilot who makes entertaining videos. 

• Like 6
  • Informative 1

11 hours ago, Thruster88 said:

Not only a pilot, a real pilot who makes entertaining videos. 

He also seems to quite relaxed in life - no obvious signs of being totally weird

• Haha 1

Check out Jimbo Burgesses top dressing videos. They are all very entertaining. His relaxed style belies an incredible expertise and some of the very best piloting skills you will ever encounter.

I've flown in controlled airspace a lot in NZ and I have not yet encountered a controller who was not accommodating so my record is 100%. When going long distance I flew in as much CTR as possible. All this was before GPS & the cockpit was full of paper maps VFG pages etc and I'd be cruising along and the controller would call up and tell me I was a couple of degrees off track & provide a new vector, advise a better altitude etc and hand me over to the next control zone so by the time I called them up for entry instructions they already knew everything. Once 45NM out to sea I got into some soup and the assistance was extraordinary including patching me through to a RPT 15,000 feet above me for weather info. A controller & I also conspired to dob in a RPT that had failed to get clearance & I was asked to identify the aircraft & provide the Rego when he passed me. I never found out what happened but I imagine he got a bit of a talking to. All this was provided without me having to file a flight plan. Sarwatch had not yet been implemented either as I remember. 

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, kgwilson said:

I've flown in controlled airspace a lot in NZ and I have not yet encountered a controller who was not accommodating so my record is 100%.

Me too and I've found ATC and the people on the ground to be friendly and accomodating. I've criss-crossed both the North and South Islands in a C170 and can't recall a single bad encounter. Same experience flying in Europe and Asia except perhaps for Egypt.

And yep, this guy's a pilot.