flightygirl passes test... gets licence!

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

look out guys and gals... i got my RAAus certificate today! after being put through my paces yesterday during my pre licence check, then practicing some stuff this morning and going through a more rigorous test today i was given the thumbs up! now i really feel like a pilot!

its been a very rapid progression for me from having no clue to feeling confident to fly by myself. owning my own aircraft and training up to four hours most weekends has meant that i have been able to fast track my learning and think that has been the most beneficial thing! i have truly become addicted to flying.. just ask anyone who has met me... and especially my instructor... poor bugger.keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif i have become obsessed by weather and the AWIS and have neglected my daughters over the past two and half months... but its all been worth it. (they forgive me as they can now enjoy it with me).

thanks everyone for your support on here... its a great exclusive club to belong to. while i know i still have so much more to learn i really feel i have achieved a life long goal today! 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

a big hug and thanks to ultralights, bruce robbins and motzartmerv who have all passed on their valuable wisdom and experience.. especially when i stopped listening to my instructor 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

what an awesome day!011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

i was going to post something deep and meaningful, but you wont listen to me..... anymore... now your licenced....049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

sure i will... im not finished yet! next its nav training... and i'll be just as obsessed and painful till i get my cross country endorsement!

sure i will... im not finished yet! next its nav training... and i'll be just as obsessed and painful till i get my cross country endorsement!

Navigation, is no worries, Rach, the key is to to know where you are all the time, read map to ground, not ground to map.If that makes sense.Cheers

well done flighty!!

I am massively massively jealous, my pre-licence check got cancelled again today because of weather, so I am very jealous that the weather is cooperating for you.

But I am not far behind (I hope) 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Perhaps it would be speedier if I found a young instructor with an aircraft to date, do you know anyone? ;)

well done flighty!!I am massively massively jealous, my pre-licence check got cancelled again today because of weather, so I am very jealous that the weather is cooperating for you.

But I am not far behind (I hope) 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Perhaps it would be speedier if I found a young instructor with an aircraft to date, do you know anyone? ;)

hey darky... i was really hoping today that you and i both got our licences together. bummer about the weather down there. mother nature has been very kind to me the past couple of months.

it has definitely helped having my own aircraft and the "personal" instructor was an added bonus. as we both own the plane i might have to step aside and actually let him in the command seat for a bit... but it wont be for long.. its nav time next.

if i find another flying instructor with his own plane i'll let you know. (or you can go halves with one like i did). :big_grin:

hang in there darky... it wont be long... 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Rach

Congratulations FG! Like many here we have followed your very rapid progress with great interest. Great to have a real enthusiast like yourself become an accredited aviator. Many safe and happy hours in the not so wild blue yonder.

thanks blackrod!

i didnt realise until the other day just how rapid my learning has been! i have been flying so much its seemed like ages..but its been just a couple of months! i can safely say i am addicted to flying... and cant recall what i was doing with my life before i started learning to fly! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gifnow i really feel like a pilot!

I hope you find one......

No really, congratulations, next step, navs and then the world is yours

Cheers and many happy hours flying

Bryon

Guest davidh10

Congratulations FG. Its a good feeling to pass the tests and get that Certificate. I really understand your statement about being addicted to flying.

Enjoy your navs. Find some interesting places to go. Do some practice by yourself, just within 25nm of the AD. It helps add confidence.