Darky is despairing

If I were a superstitious person, I'd probably quit flying. I seriously think that there is something out there that doesn't want me to get my cert.

For the past 3 weeks I've been trying to do my pre-licence check.

First week: no flying because of bad weather (but did do theory part)

Second week: some flying but not all because of throttle acting up

This weekend: plane I was booked in is in for service tomorrow

I am seriously starting to despair that I'm never going to get there, I just need ONE more hour to get this pre-licence check done, but things seem to be against me. I half feel like I'll still be here in another 5 weeks, still not having done my test.

I'm so close, it's so frustrating and it's just killing me 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Damn Darky, that really is frustrating! So near, and yet so far ......

Sorry to say today's flying was terrific, slight headwind on 36, no bumps and plenty of headroom under the cloud. Plus fairly quiet in the circuit, just 2 of us (Jab plus Warrior) doing leisurely engine failures/glide approaches. 087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

Hope you can get the check over and done with before the taxiways give up completely (even the Jabs now have to backtrack on 36R)!!! 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

It seems a common thing. Myself and another student kept having things jump in the way when trying to get our certificates, especially weather (or in my case, just sucking :)).

It will happen :)

Steven.

Darky,

You want to try to finish building a craft, and everytime you get one thing finished, something else pops up, and all the time costing big money.

But trust me you will get there, remember those who have the tolerence to survive the little things will get to there goal in the end. just focus forward. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Just remember Darky, it's always darkest just before it goes completely pitch black... 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Nah, seriously, what seems like forever now will seem like no time later on. (Geez. I'm starting to sound like an old man. Oh wait! I am an old man 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif )

Guest davidh10

Hang in there Darky. We all have days like that.

A week ago we had six aircraft set for a flight to Wagga in Sunday morning for a BBQ. Alas the fog rolled in and didn't lift till midday the following day. Never mind, we've rescheduled for September.

It may be a little frustrating now, but in a month or two, you will have forgotton about the frustration as you will have some more accomplishments under your belt.:big_grin:

Thought I'd post a storm picture I took, to show you we have'm too.

IMG_5657_DxO_rawAnd3more.jpg.0f3049c32d6fdb6544e153fa3d785904.jpg

Thanks all :) I posted this thread last night simply cos I wanted to moan, so thanks for the nice replies!

I'm slightly bitter today, it's really nice weather outside. I know stuff like this happens with aviation, that aircraft need servicing (duh) it's just so frustrating because I have just ONE hour left to do. 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

I have actually cried, I'm that annoyed. Sad, isn't it? i_dunno

I've got a booking for next Saturday and, if that falls through, the Saturday after. Everyone, please help me and pray for good weather and a good plane! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif