Lsa for bigger guys....

Howdy all,

Just a quick question, my flight school has sold off the old fox bat that I was training in, so my training has ground to a halt, I was wondering if there are any other guys/gals that are over 6ft6 100kgs and above that fit into any other regular trainers? Thanks

Same as Pete and fit into a Sportstar easily, and I would think a Tecnam would be no problem. Many of the modern planes are being advertised as wider than a 150 or 172! Ryan

I'm only 6', but over 100kg, and fit in a j160 or j170 with no issues. The j230 is a cosier fit, but still not an issue. I've seen a 6'4" guy getting out of a Jab before..... It's going to be dependent on your leg length vs torso length. :)

Guest Walter Buschor

Guess it all depends on how long the legs are... . personally I'm 6foot 3 anf fit the Savvy with no problems. Pete has flon with me as well being 6 Ft plus and 110 kg and we have no problems. I mean that there is NO intimacy and we have our own space. The CT is MUCH bigger and would be simply wonderfull with all the space. Many planes are bigger than the Sav but I did some flying in the Gaselle and whilst it was marginal it was ok even though I' 6ft 4. The problem of space will only crop up if one will fly for prolonged periods and even then its not a matter of space but rather a matter of bladder capacity. I for one don't care about space - or lack of it but.... beware the bladder....

Fly safe ... and pee before you fly!!

Walter

Same as Pete and fit into a Sportstar easily, and I would think a Tecnam would be no problem. Many of the modern planes are being advertised as wider than a 150 or 172! Ryan

Hi Mate you will fit in a teccy no worries.

Howdy all,Just a quick question, my flight school has sold off the old fox bat that I was training in, so my training has ground to a halt, I was wondering if there are any other guys/gals that are over 6ft6 100kgs and above that fit into any other regular trainers? Thanks

6'3" & 120kg fits into a J160 no worries. I have multiple knee ops as well, so bending the knees enough to get in can soemtimes be an issue, but with the right technique the J160 is no dramas. No dramas in the Ibis 700 either. It might have been the seat position but I couldn't fit in a Sav at the Clifton fly in.

A Gnu is as big as a house (well a small house in some parts of the world) but this specimen fits into Jabirus without much problem, rump first of course. The J230 did seem slightly snugger, prefer the layout of the 4cyl models internally.

• 2 weeks later...
A Gnu is as big as a house (well a small house in some parts of the world) but this specimen fits into Jabirus without much problem, rump first of course. The J230 did seem slightly snugger, prefer the layout of the 4cyl models internally.

Spent a few hours out at Boonah on Saturday, Bit bumpy and cross wind well, was Blowing, But I must say that if you have any problems fitting in other aircraft, the P92 Supa Echo that I flew in with the help from the CFI is roomy spacious and even had room to move around in to a degree (Yes, remember to pull your seatbelt tight!)

Thanks for your input guys... Got a few more schools to try in the coming weeks now that I am back from SA and WA, and hopefully will be able to find a school that I fit in with...

ReD

I'm not tall blink.gif.7ee21b69ed31ab2b1903acc52ec4cc3f.gif, but for some reason have broad shoulders... I really felt the squish with another bloke beside me in a C152 and the Jab LSA compress.gif.fe2f1703f181408c4947cc1d378facee.gif, but no worries at all with the J160:thumb_up:!

• 2 weeks later...

I am 6,1 over 100kg so and was flying a tecnam p2002 my only issue was forgetting to duck when closeing the lid. So if you can find a tecnam you should be right.

Howdy, Yes I am flying up in caboolture Both the P92-S and P92-Super Echo fit very nicely. Only problem is the P92-S My head rubs on the roof with my headset on, but honestly, you cannot have it all, just happy to have found a place to learn !

Very Cool :) The Foxbat 22AL Its tight, but I can get into it, the new one, the LSA sadly is to small, the centre console and main instrument panel have intruded on the void where your place your legs, and sadly, I cant get to the rudder without some serious contortioning, hence I had to go find a new school !

Damn, the that's too bad I have always wanted to fly a foxbat but have never seen one, don't know of any over in WA, esp the LSA with 290 kg useable weight ( handy for pilots built like brick $h!thouses :) ) No good if you can't fit into them

Thanks Pud - I had no idea about them, well about having a foxbat anyway. Might have to wander down there. Don't they have an annual fly-in sometime at White-Gum farm?

Yep they do. I went to the last one held last year 25th September and it was a good day. They should advertise it on their website when getting close. I remember last year prompting to have it on the calender of events on this forum. When you say "Down there" does that mean you live in Wyalkatchem?

Pud