3 onboard an Ultralight

Guest pookemon
I fully understand that but that's not my point. Why should I have access to the register to find out if someone else's aircraft is registered. To me that's an invasion of privacy.

And who's privacy is it violating? The list only has the registration of the aircraft, the type of aircraft and whether or not it is actually registered? Perhaps you could pop down to your hanger and ask your aircraft is it's offended by other people knowing these details.

I would think that, at the very least, it's useful information if you are planning to buy an aircraft to make sure that the aircraft is registered if claimed to be so. And I would also think that the L2's etc. would benefit from having access to that list. If someone books a service on an aircraft that is unregistered, what are their obligations?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

construction.gif.f002cb6cb906d95a9fd25e717be8cc02.gif

And who's privacy is it violating? The list only has the registration of the aircraft, the type of aircraft and whether or not it is actually registered? Perhaps you could pop down to your hanger and ask your aircraft is it's offended by other people knowing these details.I would think that, at the very least, it's useful information if you are planning to buy an aircraft to make sure that the aircraft is registered if claimed to be so. And I would also think that the L2's etc. would benefit from having access to that list. If someone books a service on an aircraft that is unregistered, what are their obligations?

I agree I dont have a problem with that I think its a good idea

Guest Maj Millard

As a current update on this incident, I believe the pilot has been transferred to Brisbane for additional work on his leg and hip, whilst the remaining crew have been discharged from Townsville Hospiltal. All are doing well at this stage.

Since this was a significent impact causing significent damage to the airframe, particularly to the structure ahead of the cockpit, (aircraft probabily written off) I have been examining the cabin structure closely, as some of it will be applicable to the later model Savannahs, in respect to crash safety. I have taken quite a few photos which will be of interest to Savvy owners or builders, but I won't post them at this stage until I discuss it further with the aircraft owner.

Remember this was a survivable accident for all, and there is nothing of an immediate nature to be considered by owners or builders. I will state however that the plastic fuel tanks in the wings were fine, and the large black knob on each throttle arm is a great idea !, I don't suggest you change this item in any way.

The 10 Ltr composite sump-tank behind the passenger seat was also in good shape, and still contained the 10 Lts with no leakage, even though the aircraft ended up almost upside down. The harnesses we've already discussed to length earlier in this post...........................................................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Additional to the above post : And this is applicable to all aircraft ! Please ensure that your main aircraft battery is well secured in it's battery box, and that whatever secures it, is capable of keeping the battery in place during an impact, or in an inverted position !!...

A small lead-acid battery swinging around on two leads after an accident, especially if there is fuel, or fuel fumes present, is not a good look....If you rent, borrow or train in an aircraft, also check that the battery is well secured as part of your preflight.................................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I dont know about you blokes, but I am seriously starting to get jacked off with all the wankers who allegedly have not been doing the right thing lately.This is making all Aviators look bad.Especially RAAus.

I agree, whats with theses wankers???? ,flying 2 foot above a lake? ????,3 people in a 2 seater???..Hmmm how much do you value your life????

be happy flying safe you reckless ba@#$$#@! you see why we are heading towards G.A!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it RECREATIONAL ,and stop making us look bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!067_bash.gif.26fb8516c20ce4d7842b820ac15914cf.gif

Hi Maj

I didn't see anything in the posts about the harnesses...what was the harness thing about. See if you can post or send the pics privately...I would like to see them for my own interest of course to see how things held up

I think the big knobs are a good idea anyway saves getting speared also good to know about the tanks not leaking or rupturing too.....good tip about the battery as well...mine is fully secured but also not a liquid acid type either

Mark

Guest Maj Millard

Mark, I have PMed you separatly. The harness info was posted as "Four-point harnesses Vs lap-sash'. A search should bring it up. My points relating to the battery was not to do with spillage, as this was a wet cell and there was none. But more towards having a battery swinging by leads only, which could cause arcing by contact with the positive lead and the alum airframe...Of course battery spillage is also a concern to be avoided if possible.....................................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hi Maj

I found that thread I don't know how I missed it although had internet issues last week and missed the forum for a few days. I am glad I have the 4 point in my Sav. I must admit while flying with Bill in his Sav I do feel extremely "safe" in that harness and I do pull it up tight. Maybe there should be some regulation about it in our RAA aircraft that Bingo accident proves it can save lives also looked at that accident report from Durban...I would have thought that pilot would have been dead for sure yet he is alive and well now.

Mark

Since this was a significent impact causing significent damage to the airframe, particularly to the structure ahead of the cockpit, (aircraft probabily written off) I have been examining the cabin structure closely, as some of it will be applicable to the later model Savannahs, in respect to crash safety. I have taken quite a few photos which will be of interest to Savvy owners or builders, but I won't post them at this stage until I discuss it further with the aircraft owner.

Remember this was a survivable accident for all, and there is nothing of an immediate nature to be considered by owners or builders. I will state however that the plastic fuel tanks in the wings were fine, and the large black knob on each throttle arm is a great idea !, I don't suggest you change this item in any way.

The 10 Ltr composite sump-tank behind the passenger seat was also in good shape, and still contained the 10 Lts with no leakage, even though the aircraft ended up almost upside down. The harnesses we've already discussed to length earlier in this post...........................................................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

When the time is right, I would be interested in seeing those photos Maj. 078_pc_revenge.gif.92f2d38a0e662b2e0b6cba4dc0ba5c35.gif

Guest Maj Millard

eightyknots , no dramas of course, I'm all for the sharing of safety-related infomation, and if the photos support that they'll be posted. Cheers ............................Maj..