Weight-loss Goals

bacon, I used Celebrity Slim, worked for me well enough, I still remember taking the PA28 up when I was bigger (not even at my biggest) and she definitely struggled! Would be different now, but you also tend to feel so much better after you've dropped the weight, someone once said "how good does that hamburger taste? Better than you're going to feel when you fit into the old clothes in your closet"?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bacon, I used Celebrity Slim, worked for me well enough, I still remember taking the PA28 up when I was bigger (not even at my biggest) and she definitely struggled! Would be different now, but you also tend to feel so much better after you've dropped the weight, someone once said "how good does that hamburger taste? Better than you're going to feel when you fit into the old clothes in your closet"?

Yeah that hamburger would taste like rubber compared to the feeling of achieving weight loss.

I am guessing that the real challenge is not changing what you eat, rather changing your relationship with food... part of that is recognizing that a much larger and growing proportion of the foods that have been marketed "at us" contain large numbers of sugar and gluten to make up the taste and consistency since our grandparents time...

I can't help but chuckle at terms like "fat" free or "Smart" when it comes to food...

• Like 2

Mate not only rubber but I think the 10 seconds of tastebuds being assaulted by cardboard with seasoning, is far outweighed by the joy of being complimented on how good you're looking the jeans you haven't worn for years, or yes, how well the Drifter is climbing out lol

Being a man with a generour figure. I feel for you i owned a thruster single seat that i was to fat to fly. so i sold it. So only skinny people can fly with me. until i loose weight and keep it off. My advie would be try weight watcher works and don't set huge goals or you will fail.

My elder son has been working his way down from ~130kg over the last 12-18 months ( in the high 90's now, but aiming for 85). His particular passion (failing?) was coke - the black fizzy stuff, not the snorting variety - and he remarked to me one day "y'know dad, I'm not carrying around six dozen cans of coke on my waist any more!".

He's also gone from running 10k in 65 minutes then to 45 minutes now. Constant exercise didn't only help him shed the weight, but the desire to run faster gave him a *reason* to lose it. OME, I reckon that your quest for a goal that really matters to you is more important than the method you're going to use to achieve it. Now, what was my goal again?

Oh yeah.

That's right.

My very own li'l aircraft...

080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

100_please.gif.86b3bfbc115b0271e90584d59019e59a.gif

Congrats Shafs, though I must admit I used techniques somewhat the opposite, I'd buy something (in my case it was a Jetski) that I was completely unable to use, had it sitting in the garage and kept going until I could use it, I bought it at about 160kg's, used it right till I hit 78kg's. sfgnome glad to hear your son is achieving his goal. I also have done a couple of Triathlons etc, can't say I'm into it that much but it is enjoyable to complete one coming from where I did.

if I eat bread, or quite starchy carb products I often literally bloat out

Yeah, I find bread / wheat based foods the worst also & avoid them (which is a pain as I like bread).

Another bad thing (at least for me) is diet soft drinks, stopped drinking soft drinks & fruit juice too. Interesting article - The strange reason diet soda makes you fat...

• Like 1

Bloody Hell! The Carbon Tax starts today, and I've just realised that now they are taxing weight loss.Up until I decided to lose weight, I was doing my bit for the environment by sequestering carbon as body fat. Now that I am losing weight, I'm releasing that stored carbon into the atmosphere, so I am a Nett Carbon Producer, and will have to pay the Carbon Tax.

This is how I figured out how much tax I have to pay:

The average animal fat molecule has Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen in the ratios of C (75%):Hydrogen (12.5%):Oxygen(12.5%) by weight

That means that for every kilo of fat, there are 750gms of Carbon.

The price of Carbon is $24.00 per tonne, which is 2.3 cents per kg.

Since 1 kg of fat is 75% Carbon, the of Carbon Tax value of a kg of fat is 1.725 cents.

For each 10 kgs of weight I lose, I will owe 17.25 cents, and if I lose the 40 kgs I want to, I've got yo give Julia a $0.69-er.

OME

If you get to your 40 kg weight loss, every time you climb out you'll ascent 200 ft/min faster and cruise at the same speed using less fuel. This makes for an overall saving in fuel cost and the associated carbon tax. $0.69 will be money well spent.

PS: If you don't declare this however, the ATO will be coming after you for tax evasion. Once you pay penalties and interest, you'll be owing Julia $690.00 before long.

I tried the optifast shakes diet and put on 1kg a week, back to the head scratchin diatition this friday. went from 98.5 kgs down to 88.7 kgs when flight training, now back to 95 and a bit !

lack of walking or jogging the air-strip

At 5'8" 42 years and 80kg, this is the heaviest I have ever been. In my late teens, they thought I was starving.

I have always tended to rake status and was slow to fill out.

I do not exercise at all over work, I eat infrequent meals and sleep at odd hours, I drink too many beers (low carb) and rarely think about diet at all. Just what tastes good and what my bady craves.

I guess I have excess weight and could easily get by at 70 kg and even at 65kg if really motivated. I have got as low as 56kg 5 years ago but that was not wanted or recomended.

Motivation may be something like the AR5 to beat the record speed at 300kg. I have a plan in mind to beat the Brazilions and every kg counts.

I always think of human weight excess as horsepower/speed/energy wasted, easiest way to lose 30lb in a aircraft is the pilot.

Naturally the fastest way to lose a lot of weight is cut off a limb- but I am not that motivated.

Guest Prophead123

there is always the surgical alternative ,gastric banding or sleeve, A friend of mine was morbidly obese she had the gastric sleeve op and she has lost 40 kg in over 18 months and she has cut out all the garbage takeaways and seeing she has all this new energy ! she has taken up running ,so there is that choise if you are that determined