RAAus General Meeting Called

Guest airsick

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to Col Jones post that is would $10,000 to $15,000 in P,P&P only illustrates that if this association could get its priorities in order, most of these notices could be done via email.

At the AGM technology was brought up it was stated by the Board that the Web Site Priority is to get the Store up and running. When members vented about having the ability to pay renewal fees via the web site (Not the current antiquated system) the Treasurer quipped that he was not aware that the members felt so strongly. Just another illustration of a Board not being in touch with their members.

To me this association is getting bogged down (drowning) in the paper work required of an association that is growing faster than the old ways can handle. The response to date as I see it has been to have people either employed or the additional work load is piled upon the existing people. Getting a response that the existing people apart from the paid employees are volunteers and are have other jobs and are working as hard as they can, for me just doesn't cut it any more.

This association needs to urgently re-assess where it is going, put to the membership a plan of action for comment (Open and Transparent) and how is it gong to get there. The current system is (I'll be polite) broken.

Cheers

Doug

• Like 5

Well said Doug ... BUT ... Nothing will change unless we collectively force it at the General meeting that has been called by the members either by attendance in person or by proxy issued to someone you trust to vote on your behalf.

The trouble with the RA Aus members is that most don't care what goes on in Cantberra, as long as they can fly ... and right now they are reaping the consequences of that lack of interest.

We have to muster as many members as possible to attend the GM either in person or by proxy. To those who are not aware the constitutional change that was voted on and succeeded at the AGM now allows a member to give his proxy to another member he trusts to vote how he sees fit on the proxy's behalf at the time. That in itself was a major breakthrough.

The problem is we cannot rely on this forum site alone to get the message out to the vast number of members, we must get out to our clubs and organisations and make them aware of what is happening.

• Like 2

I believe that forms giving proxies to those who can attend the EGM will shortly be available.

Every member who has a concern for the organisation and cannot make it to the EGM should endeavour to seek out who will be attending the meeting, seek their views and if they are similar, offer them their proxy.

Again, I believe that these proxy forms will be available soon.

Cheers

Doug

• Like 1

We need to see the proxy forms. Can someone post one on this site please, maybe the general meeting thread, then I can get some to sign them here in NQ. Of course I am waithing on the calling of the by election. Don't know, but may run myself

• Like 3

To All Interested RAAus Members.

Reading the minutes of the AGM on the official RAAus website today provides a broad image as to the state of the RAAus Board & Staff, which is disastorous. The current RAAus Board & staff particularly the RAAus Executive & ex ceo have obviously been of the opinion that they are only accountable amongst themselves up until now, & we little members have to speak up to them & they in turn have been speaking down to us. Well they are now the author of their own punishment & peril, & as such the current RAAus executive may not be on the RAAus board after the 9.2.2013 & the ex ceo has already fallen on his own sword due to his own negligence & incompetence.

Well how times change rapidly, because the RAAus Executive if not known now, they are going to find out the EGM on 9.2.2013 whether they like it or not that we little people are not going to talk up to them any more & they are not going to talk down to us because us little members are going to talk to the newly elected RAAus executive eyeball to eyeball.

My father once told me when I was a teenager many years ago that there is a chapter & verse in the GOOD BOOK that states "BE SURE YOUR SIN WILL FIND YOU OUT".096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

Could someone (besides asking my Member because obviously he has a firm opinion on this) tell me if Steve Runciman IS currently still our North Qld Board Rep? This is soooooooo messy....

Someone must have a FIRM answer on this... given that it is pivotal to the coming EGM...

Guest Andys@coffs

Minutes are an intersting document.......I raised many questions on insurance at the AGM and never felt for one moment that the responses I got were satisfactory, how can they be satisfactory, they are intertwined with the legal issues which we cant talk about even though its OUR association and OUR problem! I dare say some of those present might actually have wanted me to shut up so that some other things could be discussed....the minutes reflect 2 lines that suggest "alls well" Im telling you all is absolutely NOT bloody well!! We have an insurance problem that will have to be resolved if we want our association to become healthy again. However the insurance problem while a large problem in itself is to me just another Symptom of a larger problem that wont need more airtime from me, words alone dont change make!

Looking at insurance in isolation, we need 1 or preferably more people who know insurance from within the membership (Peter Bugg comes to mind) advising the board so that peoples whose only experience of insurance is buying their annual car insurance and or household insurance can move forward knowing that what we are asking for is appropriate and valid for our organisation..

Just another example that what might work well at the local footy club does not necessarily scale up to a multimillion dollar a year business.

These minutes might more appropriately be called seconds!!! If I take out the Presidents response to questions asked by David Isaacs we have 6 pages of minutes for 5hours of meeting.A brief synopsis of the brief synopsis of...........

Andy

Guest Andys@coffs
Well at least a written copy of the questions on notice and the answers were finally provided. You should be at least a little bit happy with that Andy.

Im happy they were provided, Im less satisfied with the answers themselves.

Regards

Andy

Guest airsick
Someone must have a FIRM answer on this... given that it is pivotal to the coming EGM...

Someone could always move a motion to remove him as soon as the meeting is opened. That would clear it up...

Re the AGM Minutes ......... It's a pedantic triviality, but "unapposed" is spelt "unopposed".

Looks like even the spell-checker is grounded in Canberra.

Please see the top of Page 5 of the AGM Minutes.

Are we in a time warp ... what is the relavance of the accounts to end June 2011 to a 2012 AGM held in late September?

Then followed by no official report at the AGM for the financial year to mid 2012? What a crock.

There also appears to be a lack of consistancy in the way the Minutes were prepared. After each section the Minutes appear to include comments or points made by members at the meeting, yet sometimes it also includes a pseudo action plan or further comment, and sometimes it says nothing.

It reads sanitised to me, but I wasn't there. Are those that attended happy that these Minutes accurately capture what occured and what was the mood/intent of the meeting?

Regards Geoff

I caught up with a copy of Runmancin's resignation email by a multiple of a friend, of a friend, etc. In it he said he had resigned as our North Qld . Representative with effect receipt of this email.

Since that time I have taken it to mean just that resigned. The RAA website has shown that the "board" voted him back in. As far as we are concerned up here, he resigned as our representative and that is it. QED !!!

If a member of parliament resigns, the Prime Minister, cabinet or a Premier cannot reappoint him just because he wants to get back into parliament. The board does not have more power than the government and they cannot do it.

The board here just think that they have a "right" to do / say whatever pleases them and do not have to answer to anyone. They "generate' their own constitution as it pleases them.

I will be going to the GM (hopefully) to add my support to kicking them out as John said above

• Like 3

Captain,

I did come down for the AGM (cost me a bit though). Interesting to see so few on the attendance register ( only 50 odd). I estimate there was about 150 at the meeting . My name is not there and I signed in. I spoke with some mates this pm who were there and they said their names were conspicuous by their absence also, and they all signed the attendance register. One said his mate signed next to him and his name is on the role, but not his. Missing documentation from the AGM.

The treasurers thing is woefull. Incorrect dates, no report. They even said a financial statement and auditor report was presented. How could that be, as there was no signed Auditors report or signed board members report " at the meeting. This is an indicator of more cover up. How can you move ,second and carry an annual financial report when there is not one to be seen.

I will have to go over the AGM notes a lot more in the next few days to see how many other errors I can find.

22nd September to 11 December.

That's 11 weeks to produce 18 pages of minutes from the AGM.

Do the "I just want to fly" members need any more signs of incompetance ????

As for the contents .......... 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

For example, if they can't even get the list of members present correct, what hope is there that anything else is a true account of the meeting ?

If Gavin's attitude is anything to go by the next generation of board members are likely to be a continuation of the past.

FT, I reckon you're stirring just for the sake of stirring. It serves no purpose at this time to pile more crap on the few of our junior board members that have attempted to show an honest committment and intent to bring RAA/AUF back to something similar to what it once was and I take umbrage with your cheap shot at the WA Board rep. A bit of history - a couple of years back, because I was repeatedly unsuccessful in getting meaningful answers about how I and the rest of WA members were being represented in Canberra from a former board member, I asked Gavin if he would stand at the next election. With his agreement, I nominated him and I like to think that it was my vote that got him on the Board (he romped home with a margin of one). This guy ain't the answer to a maiden's prayers but he is (or has been until lately) very, very sincere in his attempts to bring some sense into that dysfunctional assembly we call a 'Board'. He & I continually agree to disagree on a number of subjects (for example - Runciman's resignation/retraction) however, I sincerely hope that he doesn't get a guts-full and either walk or not stand for WA State rep at the next election. Conversely, I am 100% supportive of David I, Andy and the rest of the 'malcontents' in our attempts at the Feb meeting to get things back on track but.... let's not chuck the baby out with the bathwater. I'm just as pissed off as everyone else (perhaps more so because my new aircraft has been on the ground for over a month now compliments of the current board's inability to produce the necessaries) but I don't see that there's any positive gain in taking pot shots at anybody or anything that moves on the other side. I openly state that I want to see some of the component of the current board replaced however, to alienate and/or dismiss the lot isn't a sensible opening move. Carry on with your non-specific comments and there's a very good probability that those who do eventually get retired unwillingly may well be preceeded by those few potentially good ones who have walked because of the condemnation resultant from the inability to immediately satisfy every single want or requirement of both the statuatory bodies and 13500 disgruntled members. Suggest you be guided by Teddy Roosevelt's quote - "Speak softly and carry a big stick!" cheers

• Like 5