Turbine Ultralight anyone?

seb7701

Found this turbine Zenith STOL on youtube and got me thinking, what does it take to whop a turbine into an ultralight??

Clearly, I am dreaming here, but I would love to hop into a Drifter and spool up the 'ol turbine.

Surely that must add a little reliability to the mix!

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Larry's GT250 is for sale on Barnstormers right now. $11k. Is under 254 lbs so Pt103 in the US. I don't have 95.10 handy but are turboprops excluded?

BTW, when I phoned about Larry's aircraft the guy said Larry died during the last year... If this is true, that's a pity as he was very innovative and entertaining.

Larry's status has not been confirmed by me. I'm only going on what the owner of his turboprop ultralight told me yesterday, so don't write Larry off until there is some other confirmation. I'm sincerely hoping the owner got it wrong!

• Like 1

Larry's status has not been confirmed by me. I'm only going on what the owner of his turboprop ultralight told me yesterday, so don't write Larry off until there is some other confirmation. I'm sincerely hoping the owner got it wrong!

I had also heard of Larry's passing. I recall reading a comment posted on his YouTube videos and then having a good sniff around the Inter-web to confirm the info. Sadly it appears to be correct. I really enjoyed the 'larrycanfly' videos.

Found this turbine Zenith STOL on youtube and got me thinking, what does it take to whop a turbine into an ultralight??Clearly, I am dreaming here, but I would love to hop into a Drifter and spool up the 'ol turbine.

Surely that must add a little reliability to the mix!

Any thoughts?

Too noisy & burns to much fuel.Not worth it unless flying very high.

I hear you. I have eyed off the heli-cycles for a long time now and they appear to be the best of the 'non-rotorway' experimentals. In a lightning, well...."Brace yourself Maverick, we're going ballistic...."