Post picture(s) of your aircraft

Hongie

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayavner,

My wife accepted I was just growing older and not growing up so she bought me the MGB in 2005 .... I love her to death (the wife and the car). Great fun to drive and now the girls fight over whos going in Dad's car!

Sorry ... back to topic

Phil

After my first solo flight yesterday I had already planned to create a photo such as this - to represent my momentous milestone for 2013.

Congratulations!!!

I seem to remember my first solo landing requiring one of these

It was a perfect 7 point landing....059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

• Like 4

Damkia, are we to take it that your landing was a greaser?008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Just a few lumps and bumps under the seat of the pants........augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

IIRC it was on the verge of the 15kt winds that are allowed in a C152 - had to crab it in and do a final wing drop to the windward wheel - several touches later and a good bit of Moorabbin airport runway later I was down. Not the most elegant of landings.

Time for a new hobby then? high_5.gif.95ee4a47273086425b8f5a9eab7ee024.gif

Yeah, why not take up HAM RADIO ? ? ? ? ? Then you can have an anorak like mine. . . . . and make your own aircraft aerials ( most of which won't work. . . )

I've already found TWO on this forum, a VK3 AND A VK5 as well ! ! ! ! ! I'll bet they sound REALLY GOOD on the Air Band. . . . . ( ! )

On second thoughts, . . . NAH, . . . . sod the radio,. . . . get yourself a few hundred bouncers in first. You can always build a backyard shed and fill it with valves and stuff when yu get older, to re-live your expolits with all the other greying eagles out there in hamland. . . . !

Phil.

Editor's Note*** I am NOT suggesting that the other two guys are anoraks by the way,. . . . . . . They seem rather nice and sane ( so far. . .)

Not to be outdone. . . . Here's another Mike Whittaker MW6/ 582 stick insect1796971822_AX2000FLipR.jpg.007ab51b70523c3808518044fc057326.jpg This one was owned by one of our Club members, who repaired it, it wasn't that badly damaged believe it or not,.. he then bought a Jabiru, and if you look on the Jab owners club site ( UK ? ) you can see the accident report where the aircraft (ALLEGEDLY ) exploded in the air killing both the pilot and his Father.

Very sad indeed. I have not seen the outcome of the French Accident investigation board yet, but it's a weird one, as the pilot's body was found more than a kilometre away from the wreck site, . . . this is what promoted the original suggestion that it was some sort of midair explosion. All speculation at the moment. *** The locals initially thought that the BRS Parachute had deployed, but there appears to be no evidence of one being fitted, and some Jab owners have mentioned that there isn't any room, or weight allowance to fit one in an early model Jab.

******* Late edit******** A friend of the Pilot's Brother has just told me that the French investigators are looking into the possibility of a lightning strike, as there was considerable turbulence on the day of the accident, as well as storm reports not far away. . . . They are also speculating about a fuel leak causing a build up of fumes in the airframe. No definitive report yet though.

Phil

IMG_2165R.JPG.a0f833334c9270e7c66fdbd7a9ab4ea3.JPG

IMG_2166R.JPG.491e7e5c8450f808b2c2d6174e87dfc4.JPG

IMG_2167R.JPG.db38a1976102f3690e2144e9e9e78c0f.JPG

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Guest Maj Millard

Kyliefil, Yes nice MG, and nice stack of wood also. what year is your MG...60s something ?.....my first two cars ever were MGBs. A 64 and a 67. The first, a powder blue one got me my first wife, and the second a yellow one got rid of her !!!.........................................................Maj...008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Yeah, why not take up HAM RADIO ? ? ? ? ? Then you can have an anorak like mine. . . . . and make your own aircraft aerials ( most of which won't work. . . )I've already found TWO on this forum, a VK3 AND A VK5 as well ! ! ! ! ! I'll bet they sound REALLY GOOD on the Air Band. . . . . ( ! )

On second thoughts, . . . NAH, . . . . sod the radio,. . . . get yourself a few hundred bouncers in first. You can always build a backyard shed and fill it with valves and stuff when yu get older, to re-live your expolits with all the other greying eagles out there in hamland. . . . !

Phil.

Editor's Note*** I am NOT suggesting that the other two guys are anoraks by the way,. . . . . . . They seem rather nice and sane ( so far. . .)

VK4KZK or VK4OI take your pick

Good to hear that you're healing up well Mark. Keep up the Heavy Breathing excercises !!

Interesting that you've got a couple of VK station calls as well. . . is one of them a Club station or something I wonder . . . ?

OOps drifting further OFF TOPIC again. . . !! Maybe we could start a "Post pictures of your HAM RADIO station" ( OR OTHER PASTIME ) thread as well ! ! Any boomerang collectors or Philateists out there in crazy-aviatorland ?

Hi Phil

I have had the KZK callsign since the late 1970's it was a combined limited in other words it was a novice licence and a limited call so I had done only 5 words per min morse but the full call theory. I eventually did the 10 word per min morse but never bothered about the upgrade to the actual licence. Then as most hams were getting so old they were dying off their original 2 letter callsigns became available and with the way the licence requirements have gone now I have a full open licence so I got the 2 letter call but I liked my old one as well so I keep both. I tend to use the KZK around here in Brisbane but up at my farm near Bundaberg I use the OI call sign. I also use the OI call sign on HF

If you are on Dstar use VK4RDS port C or call on Reflector 3 C. I own VK4RDS and listen all the time

Mark

PS sorry for the thread drifttttttttttttttttttttttt

Well, mine's not a plane yet but its getting there, now 18 months into the build and about 6 months to go I hope. The first CAD image shows the T tail and rounded corners as it is, the second CAD image is an earlier one and only there to show the wing-folding -

1334683598_m58ttail.jpeg.67b4a6db1ac511d7796a190eeeaac060.jpeg

SDC11291R.JPG.f9e994363f0cbbc2bc317265b715a074.JPG

SDC11284R.JPG.6635c342dd17a9815ed15730c3f0a8ad.JPG

SDC11269R.JPG.5ec1db8083bdc1e2accc60bc57679664.JPG

5457-3.jpeg.f57014540af34c6ce7271ab31dd000bd.jpeg

• Like 2

What do you expect your stall speed clean and also full flap?....also VNE and max cruise...........oh its a 2 seater as well ...the empty weight?

Hmm, you get right to the point Mark... hihi.gif.51b461ded199c5e83ec099de6aa70bd3.gif

Probably a bit over 45 and a bit under 45, but if it's a bit over 45 and a bit less, but still over 45 then it'll have to be VH reg. Around 130 if my calcs on my own foil having a Cl of about 1.3 and my calcs on my spar attachments prove to be about right and about 85 to 90 ish. And about 220 ish ...

Hope you're feeling better! BTW, just as a bit of encouragement for you - it's 9 yrs, 10 months and 28 days since I gave up smoking (big celebration next month!) - and I've never done anything more worthwhile!

• Like 1