The effect of the audit..dang!!!

flyerme

Still grounded, sorted out the propeller(but its still in transport) now need to sort out all the placecards ( guess they were removed when the new dash went in?).,My positive = I was bored so I borrowed the next doors grader and re did my runway..extended it to 370 meters with a extra 70 meter dogleg est end run off . widend it and now back to shovelling bitumen(6 trailer loads down 44 to go ..lol)

P.S having pilot withdrawals ...I WANNA GO flYING

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i print out the rego certificate and put it in the plane and fly to work on Monday with the expired rego card

I'm not sure which branch of the Gestapo you're worried about, but I'm fairly sure the printed copy should suffice, as this gives traceability to the real registration.

Maybe a copy of the receipt as well...?

Pylon500

It's more the insurance cover I'm concerned about but I thought it would be the same as your car rego/insurance when they send the sticker in the mail. As long as you have a copy of the receipt in the car you are covered.

Thanks

Off to work now in the jab.

Safe flying

JabSP6

pays to complain on the forum, the RAA may deny involvement with this forum but its weird how 99% of public complaints gets dealt with very quickly once its made public.

Well bugger me! 2 working days after complaining here my registration payment has been processed, It really does work.

• Like 1

What do you mean by this line of your post Sue? This is getting hard to follow.

The Savannahs have been caught up in the mess too - see the previous page of this post or skip to the start here - http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/the-effect-of-the-audit-dang.54171/page-6#post-265672 (and this is not the one we know, so that's at least 2). I have not heard of the Ibis issue being satisfactorily resolved - there was a whole thread on that - factory built, but now being given the option of down grading to 19- or grounded - some are in flying schools so they can't be used for what they were bought for. Schools and owners out of pocket.

Friend has his aircraft for sale - rego not renewed, having difficulty, therefore can't demonstrate and buyer can't fly away, or transfer, or be assured that it won't become an expensive ground anchor.

Others we know who have not heard, did not get a renewal, told what to do but having difficulty understanding or complying etc. We don't get out much and don't know many other owners, but we now know more grounded than flying.

Sue

Still Grounded

• 3 weeks later...

your f*&^%$# kidding me arn't you???! The new certified prop for lightwing gr 582 c box 2.62:1 ratio as certified by Howard and Bolly aviation is?

68 " yep the original prop that I removed(as requested by RAA) and replaced with a 66 x 44 that ended up being under proped..

what a roller coaster ride:gaah:

your f*&^%$# kidding me arn't you???! The new certified prop for lightwing gr 582 c box 2.62:1 ratio as certified by Howard and Bolly aviation is?68 " yep the original prop that I removed(as requested by RAA) and replaced with a 66 x 44 that ended up being under proped..

what a roller coaster ride:gaah:

I feel so sorry for you Tim I really do. What a circus.

I feel so sorry for you Tim I really do. What a circus.

yeh spewing big time as the 68" that was on it is gone now so I am left having to by a new one from bolly $1200...time to start saving. could take a while....bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif

Bugger, need to get one soon and thought that a good price.So, low quality props eh?

Yes pylon l checked them out as l need one also, my mate got one of these bollys last week and he had to get the dearer one as not as strong as he hoped that was according to the person at Bolly we spoke to , big jump in price they say you only get what you pay for.

Would be a good reason to go back to Warp, I think still the best value for money.....

Shame about the regulation crap.

I still stand by my earlier comment, a prop is like a car tire, as long as it's the right size and pitch, it shouldn't matter who made it, they are ALL made to do the job....

• Agree 3

Thats a cheap one they sell to soft wouldn't last long the good bolly is around $1680.

The price is due to size! I have been working with peter and craig at Bolly here in adelaide and if it was a 66" $1680,3 blade -68"2 blade$1280,composit with duratape on leading edge ,dynamicly balanced,extra $99 for spinner with prop purchase.

Would be a good reason to go back to Warp, I think still the best value for money.....Shame about the regulation crap.

I still stand by my earlier comment, a prop is like a car tire, as long as it's the right size and pitch, it shouldn't matter who made it, they are ALL made to do the job....

Depends on how long you want that tyre to last for it could go ban any time .

Hi Everyone,

Due to a lot of requests by RA-Aus members in my local area I have decided to bite the bullet and attend the RA-Aus General Meeting at Queanbeyan on the 9th February.

I have had a number of people who trust my judgement request that I act as their proxy at the meeting.

I am happy to accept any proxies from members of this site who have not as yet made up their mind as to who should hold their proxy vote.

If you would like me to hold your proxy vote you need to complete it and Email it to me before Friday.

My details are:

Email

[email protected]

Details of proxy Holder: John Gardon

PO Box 154

Wardell NSW 2477

Member #5334

You also need to select whether you wish me to vote in a particular way on each question; or how I see fit, if you trust my judgement.

In addition to sending it to me, you need to send it to

[email protected]

by 09:30 on Friday or I suspect that it will be judged invalid.

Regards,

John Gardon

I

Hi Everyone,Due to a lot of requests by RA-Aus members in my local area I have decided to bite the bullet and attend the RA-Aus General Meeting at Queanbeyan on the 9th February.

I have had a number of people who trust my judgement request that I act as their proxy at the meeting.

I am happy to accept any proxies from members of this site who have not as yet made up their mind as to who should hold their proxy vote.

If you would like me to hold your proxy vote you need to complete it and Email it to me before Friday.

My details are:

Email

[email protected]

Details of proxy Holder: John Gardon

PO Box 154

Wardell NSW 2477

Member #5334

You also need to select whether you wish me to vote in a particular way on each question; or how I see fit, if you trust my judgement.

In addition to sending it to me, you need to send it to

[email protected]

by 09:30 on Friday or I suspect that it will be judged invalid.

Regards,

John Gardon

think this is number 7 post bybJohn but none of us have heard what his position is on those things that are important:

Good governance;

Integrity;

Openness;

Competence;

Etc

Kaz

• 2 weeks later...

ok, first they requested I need to get an engineering order for the brolga prop or replace with the certified one.$1400 later done,

2 weeks later 2nd letter requesting photo's of all place cards including mtow. done

2 weeks later 3rd letter just received, now they want photo of hrs and landings and another photo signed and dated of underwing reg numbers?WTF

I have sent them in the first place signed dated photos of under wing and tail reg numbers signed and dated by cfi,lvl 2 including all info in the report /inspection and transfer info..this is starting to %^&& me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! reg runs out next week.

could have told me all this 6 weeks back when they first sent a letter about the prop...very unprofessional guys.

I guess when I send out the next requested info ill receive another request for something else..feels like they don't want my plane rego'ed?

not happy JAN

• Informative 1

My letter just asked for photos and did not mention signing and dating so I didn't do it. Flyerme, some how we have to get through to the people who give their proxies to people like PM that they are making a serious mistake. If I didn't own planes I would bale out of RAAus.

• Agree 1

received a reply.

Tim,

Sorry for the confusion.. We do have under wing and both sides of the aircraft photos on file – so that part is sorted.

We just need legible photos of the warning and Max take-off weight placards in place in the cockpit,(I admitt they were poor quality) plus your updated hours and landings.

Renewals are automated so you should receive one soon, however you can call ahead at any time to make an advance payment over the phone

and provide your updated hours and landings then.

The ex-owner just received the renewal papers. as the transfer is yet to be completed..

anyway Im So close I can almost feel the wind back on me noggin:plane:

My letter just asked for photos and did not mention signing and dating so I didn't do it. Flyerme, some how we have to get through to the people who give their proxies to people like PM that they are making a serious mistake. If I didn't own planes I would bale out of RAAus.

hows the HGF theses days?