Which magazines do we subscribe to?

ayavner

Sport Pilot & the Sporting Shooters Association magazine are the only 2 I subscribe to (well receive as I am a member of them). But I also buy every issue of Aviator, Australian Flying, Flightpath, Australian Aviation and a couple of UK mags that I cant think of their names ATM, I think one is called Airplane or something.

I've given up buying magazines other than the one i recieve as a member of various bodies. Only one i really look forward to reading cover to cover is the EAA mag.

I am wondering what to do with a heap of Pacific Flyer and AUF/RAAus mags. Not all that good for reference and they take up to much room. These days i just read them then leave them somewhere for someone else to read.

Australian Flying and I used to get the UK Pilot, but decided it had deteriorated so changed to Todays Pilot, which was promptly taken over by Pilot, so no more for me. Kitplanes I used to subscribe to, but it is not as good as it used to be so I buy if something catches my eye. After subscribing to any magazine for a few years they always get poorer, it must be a big job trying to keep up with interesting articles. I get the EAA mag electronicly, although I am no longer a member, I find it of low interest due to the great amount of US people info.

Plane and Pilot, nice read and at $2.50 per copy including postage with a subscription it craps all over local stuff. Also Australian Flying. I get others because I'm a member of sonething and 4 a month is more than I can cope with. I dump Sport Pilot at a local barber, and try to spread the word.

Australian Flying for me.

Thinking of changing though as the new editor seems very anti-CASA. Drags the whole mood of the thing down - I hate making my coffee of a Saturday morning and starting my fresh new flying magazine with "why I hate the world" crap. I buy it for the articles and flight reviews (especially the Jim Davis flying reviews!) not for detailed commentary on the everyday workings of a bureaucracy...

• 2 weeks later...