Want a new Skyfox

Coastal Aviation

The all new "Coastal Skyfox" will be available in the near future.

The new aircraft will have most of the changes everyone wants, but still keeping the old Skyfox appearance.

Most parts should be interchangeable with the old faithful and if you want to update with the new Coastal Skyfox now's your chance.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sounds good. Like KC askes some images would be good also a short list of the major changes would be good to know. This I expect has differnt wings so range and speed specs would be nice to know. Will be interested in reading the advertsing broucher.

Cheers

Mike

I think Rob has just come in here to tease us all... where have you gone Rob, you give us this good news about a new Gazelle coming and then nothing more ????? 100_please.gif.86b3bfbc115b0271e90584d59019e59a.gif

David

• Agree 1

Hi Guys,

I was chatting to Rob yesterday and he is quite tied up at the moment with the MIB and a bit stressed about it so I'm sure he will be back to report in due course.

Hi Guys,I was chatting to Rob yesterday and he is quite tied up at the moment with the MIB and a bit stressed about it so I'm sure he will be back to report in due course.

what is MIB?

Would be nice to know if the cabin area is bigger or if the weight has been increased etc...even some little tidbit of detail to make us lick our lips.....surely he cant be that busy to spend 2 mins to type something. You just can't come here make a statement like that without at least a little followup

• Agree 4

Would be nice to know if the cabin area is bigger or if the weight has been increased etc...even some little tidbit of detail to make us lick our lips.....surely he cant be that busy to spend 2 mins to type something. You just can't come here make a statement like that without at least a little followup

Might have read the site rules and lost his nerve???

Hi Guys,I was chatting to Rob yesterday and he is quite tied up at the moment with the MIB and a bit stressed about it so I'm sure he will be back to report in due course.

Thanks for update. No worries to wait.

Cheers

Mike

• 2 months later...

No Harv, It's been very quiet, I hope they are working on the new version of the Gazelle and just have not had time to update us all, well let's hope so anyway.

I must say it would be nice to get an update on whats happening ???? 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

David

Hi Harv

Here's part of an email I got a few weeks ago from Coastal Aviation.

"We are currently completing the jigs and building the parts of our first new "Coastal Skyfox". This will be a NW aircraft. We will also be looking at a TW model down the track.

We will be releasing the specs and changes from the "Old Faithful" shortly. All of the new components should be interchangable with the existing Skyfox parts.

If you have any more questions or want further information on anything please don't hesitate to contact us at Coastal Aviation "

Best to wait as they will advise asap and are no doubt busy at present.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 1

I went and met Rob a few days ago, nice guy, excellent workmanship and indeed I can confirm the email above is true as I have witnessed it first hand.

Not sure what else I can say so I won't poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif

• 3 months later...
Hi Rob, you seem to be coasting somewhat and you're robbing us from our sleep.

Is there any way you could spare a few minutes and give us a few more details?

Hi eightyknots

And to all that are interested in the new Gazelle, I will be going up to Coolum early next week on business so I will drop by Coastal Aviation on the way home and see if I can get some new info about thier progress, I will let you know what I find out.... keep tuned.. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

David

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Hi eightyknots

And to all that are interested in the new Gazelle, I will be going up to Coolum early next week on business so I will drop by Coastal Aviation on the way home and see if I can get some new info about thier progress, I will let you know what I find out.... keep tuned.. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

David

Hi David

Did you manage to call in at Rob's and inquire about the coastal fox?

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

No I haven't gone up there yet, I was hoping tomorrow, but not sure if my meeting is going ahead, I would say early next week, but I will get up there and try and have a chat with Rob if he is there for sure..

David

David,

It is going to happen, there's still quite a lot to do. The new fox will have some great improvements, but all the boxes have to be ticked before starting to manufacture. Personally I can't wait to start, it always was a great little aircraft, this time it will be even better. cheers Paul.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1
  • Caution 1