Oh No, not another one

I'm not anti or pro jabiru engines. They DO have issues and so do plenty of other engines that I would be prepared to fly behind. There ARE some pretty off hand useless comments about them and that would cheese off people who know what they are doing with their motors. ( No matter what the brand).The PERFECT internal combustion engine has not been made and will never be most likely. Gypsy Majors are not as reliable as they used to be and they were considered one of the best. Jabiru owners are entitled to not be ridiculed. IF you can't make constructive contributions try a bit harder as the opposite is not helpfull. I wouldn't like to think that people had to leave the site, but I can understand why they might feel that way... ANY motor put together wrong is a hazard..Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I'm not anti or pro jabiru engines. They DO have issues and so do plenty of other engines that I would be prepared to fly behind. There ARE some pretty off hand useless comments about them and that would cheese off people who know what they are doing with their motors. ( No matter what the brand).The PERFECT internal combustion engine has not been made and will never be most likely. Gypsy Majors are not as reliable as they used to be and they were considered one of the best. Jabiru owners are entitled to not be ridiculed. IF you can't make constructive contributions try a bit harder as the opposite is not helpfull. I wouldn't like to think that people had to leave the site, but I can understand why they might feel that way... ANY motor put together wrong is a hazard..Nev

I totally agree that Jabiru owners shouldn't be ridiculed and that some comments are useless . The reason I ask the question in Post #23 was because Jabiru7252 said in his post #19 and I quote "There is at least four folks that I know have left gave this site away due to negative and/or insulting comments. " End quote

What I was trying to find out in my question #23 was. Have they decided at to leave because of the posts that ridicule the owners and the useless throw away line comments. Or did they leave because they are sick of reading about the multiple different threads that have been started with low time engine failures ?

I hope that people find the information in the multiple Jabiru engine threads a positive. There are some real knowledgeable people on this site who have come up with a great fixes in these threads. I hope that they continue to share their knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My opinion on that would be just a speculation and not worth much. We never get specific information so not much in, not much out. Have any of the engines fitted with specially made studs had any difficulty? (for example) Nev

My opinion on that would be just a speculation and not worth much. We never get specific information so not much in, not much out. Have any of the engines fitted with specially made studs had any difficulty? (for example) Nev

True but a few has been very good I think. Like Vev's fuel manifold mod , different cooling mods, Rotec starters and I guess the new bolts are working well as we haven't heard otherwise .

I see what you mean Nev, we don't seem to get updates on some things like the new through bolts that you have mention .

Isn't this just a symptom of a multitude of causes overlayed over a multitude of maitenance regimes on a multitude of engine variants, overlayed over a multitude of piloting styles. Would make sifting out the facts very complex even if the factory did collect all the reports.

• Agree 3

............and lets face it we are all aware of the Jab debate so lets just leave it out unless in a designated thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was accually thinking it must have been a rotax ???them things are always stopping:.........

Ah geez Tim I thought you may have gone across to the " dark side " there for a moment !

Bob

• Like 1

quote "and I guess the new bolts are working well as we haven't heard otherwise" . Hmmm I think not. I have seen with my own eyes a 100hr old rebuilt ( Factory) 2200 with new type through bolts and nuts plus a broken front lower stud...

Don't think we blame you Geoff. It was probably me coming along later and not reading the thread all over again from the beginning. I though it was people leaving the forum because of the "angst". ( which I thought is worthy of discussion.) I don't want to see people leaving the show because of a bad vibe or perceived insults etc...Anyhow, I take the blame.... Nev