Oh No, not another one

Good that they survived but isn't it interesting the he says "the plane stalled" when in fact, he stalled the plane. Left to their own devices, a correctly trimmed plane will not stall.

• Like 2

You know I have got a lot of help from people on this site but I am sick of reading all the negative issues on Jabiru engines. You dont even know what the plane or engine are. I am just about ready to walk away from this site. Fly Tornado you seem to be batting a 1000 today for comments.

• Agree 11

You know I have got a lot of help from people on this site but I am sick of reading all the negative issues on Jabiru engines. You dont even know what the plane or engine are. I am just about ready to walk away from this site. Fly Tornado you seem to be batting a 1000 today for comments.

And yet in another crash thread he seems to have a new found sympathy for others feelings. :)

Guest Swanny

Great out come they walked away. With country like that (cant tell if he had any open ground by one photo)its training and a big bag of luck .

I saw it on the news tonight, not a Jabiru, looked like a low wing GA, RV maybe, was described as built by owner. It was in scrub, they were lucky to walk away from that one.

• 1 month later...

Very lucky to walk away from that one.

Somewhat similar to the Wedderburn strip and maybe others with trees all around, where you pray that the fan keeps turning.

We know that a turn-back is no no, but from the pics it looks like there may not have been too many alternatives, depending on what height the fan stopped, if that was the main problem.

Unfortunately we don't normally get to hear, so are really none the wiser.

The most important outcome, is that they managed to walk away from it, but probably the majority are not so lucky in similar circumstances.

Time to buy a lottery ticket, me thinks!

Really not as bad as it looks, has a road running beside it and the beach is a hundred odd meters to the east, I've watched the skydive plane take off (182) and as soon as past revisiting runway heads straight to the beach. Not open plains but many of our airports have a runway with minimal options.

Regards

Mike

Ps: 2stroke exhaust might keep the mossies at bay

• Agree 1

He probably said the engine quit and some dozy fool used the term stalled, or he said the engine quit then he stalled it trying to turn back. Could have been aliens - the media would not know if their bums caught alight. The good thing about our 300kg planes is that at around 50 knots into trees the branches can take it a lot better than say a 900 kg plane roaring in at 70 knots.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Plenty of likes on this post, shows that most are peeved at wanna-be know it alls making comments they shouldn't. There are at least four folks I know who gave this site away due negative and/or insulting comments.

• Agree 1

Good that they survived but isn't it interesting the he says "the plane stalled" when in fact, he stalled the plane. Left to their own devices, a correctly trimmed plane will not stall.

He probably stalled it by letting out the clutch too quickly!

• Haha 1
  • Caution 1

I used to love reading all the comments but geesh...of late theres a lot of bickering???? seems one can,t have an opinion with out the next forumite taking offence or making their own judgements?

anyway Im glad they walked away...

and lets face it we are all aware of the Jab debate so lets just leave it out unless in a designated thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was accually thinking it must have been a rotax ???them things are always stopping:stirrer:....( when u switch off the mags that is )008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Compulsion don"t leave us !!!!! we love your interaction:hug:

• Like 1

Plenty of likes on this post, shows that most are peeved at wanna-be know it alls making comments they shouldn't. There are at least four folks I know who gave this site away due negative and/or insulting comments.

We are working on this and hope that a user doesn't just leave without saying something to us but rather they help us to help them by clicking the "Report" link in any post which sends a note to ALL the moderators so we can try and fix things for everyone...whilst we are desperately trying, we can't help if we don't know so please help us to help you.

As a side note there is also the "Ignore User" feature in your settings where you can enter a user's name and you won't be bothered by their posts again.

(oops...reminder to check that Admin can't be ignored 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif )

We are working on this and hope that a user doesn't just leave without saying something to us but rather they help us to help them by clicking the "Report" link in any post which sends a note to ALL the moderators so we can try and fix things for everyone...whilst we are desperately trying, we can't help if we don't know so please help us to help you.As a side note there is also the "Ignore User" feature in your settings where you can enter a user's name and you won't be bothered by their posts again.

(oops...reminder to check that Admin can't be ignored 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif )

So does that mean that when the next Jabiru has a engine failure with low engine hours and somebody comments on it, they are going to be reported to the Mods ? I don't understand why some Jabiru owners get so upset when people comment on the failings of the engine. There is no point trying to ignore the problems. The statistics are there for everybody to see. It is a insult to the people who do know a lot about the engines and have tried to find solutions, and are making progress to have a couple of Jabiru owners, just say or think "Well they don't know anything" nothing wrong me my engine. At the end of the day, everybody wants to have Jabiru succeed.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

So does that mean that when the next Jabiru has a engine failure with low engine hours and somebody comments on it, they are going to be reported to the Mods ? I don't understand why some Jabiru owners get so upset when people comment on the failings of the engine. There is no point trying to ignore the problems. The statistics are there for everybody to see. It is a insult to the people who do know a lot about the engines and have tried to find solutions, and are making progress to have a couple of Jabiru owners, just say or think "Well they don't know anything" nothing wrong me my engine. At the end of the day, everybody wants to have Jabiru succeed.

It is obvious to anyone that there is a way to say things...don't say something here in a way any different than you would if you were talking face to face with that person or to a person that you don't know...we are all in this recreational aviation community together, helping each other, working together and enjoying this industry...Dazza 38, if you want to be on the outta of that then the mods will act

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

And the last sentence confirms the real problem. We all want an Aussie company, (like Jabiru,others), to succeed, and we are actually prepared to suffer some pretty poor customer relations,and financial losses too, to help them. Looking at it from the owners' perspective - we don't want to create a market crash where it's impossible to onsell the current Jabiru fleet. It's my view that there is massive under-reporting of Jabiru engine issues, and it's about time for RAAus to face up to the fact that it is happening. We'll never get the issue resolved while most participants are in denial.

happy days,

• Agree 5