Fact or Photoshop

Nev25

I don't think it is real either. Military pilots get very low at times. But it would be impossible to roll the tonka like that with complete faith that you knew exactly where the wing tip is in relation to the ground.

Have a look at the starboard wing tip. There's a condensation trail there and it shows a vortex motion. The condensation trail from the port wing is expanding as the distance from the wing tip increases. The apparent closeness of the port wing tip to the ground could be an optical illusion due to the camera recording a 3d image on a 2d medium.

I reckon it's a possibility.

OME

It's odd, it's 100% photoshopped and a lazy one at that, yet that video suggests something similar happened - maybe they just created the picture to simulate the video event?

• Agree 1

I vote photoshopped. Given the lighting, I would have expected a larger stronger shadow from the plane. What little shadow I can see appears to be on the grass and reaches to nearly the wingtip. That makes it appear as though the plane is over the grass, but the wingtip vortice from the port wing appears to be in front of the markers beside the runway/road.

Could be real, but I'm sceptical.

It looks to me from the attitude of the plane (not the wingtip vortex) that he's not even close to being lined up with the runway. If he was that low he would sure want to be flying along it, and not crossing it. If he was really flying down the runway, we'd see a lot more of the upper surfaces of the plane from that angle. My guess is that whoever photoshopped the still, also saw the video.

rgmwa

Sticking my neck out here. Photo is definitely NOT photo-shopped. Aircraft is this side of runway, hence no shadow. Look between the port wing vortex and and the engine heat haze, a clear section of the back-ground. A little detail that a "lazy photo-shopper" would probably miss. Hard to say what the ground clearance might be as there's a possible rise of ground level nearer the camera. Low flight, definitely, dangerous for sure, but as real as it gets.

Photo is definitely NOT photo-shopped.

Left is the shot, see all the loose pixels up close, right is what it would look like if real or if the creator hadn't been so lazy, only needed 5 minutes more work.

pixels.jpg.77f5aa0190a003c274535d807bdf4843.jpg

Hi gang... Checking out the photo history it appears to be a Argentenian Air Force Tornado and upon running the photo through some of my businesses forensic photo analysis software it scrubs up as a bona-fired photo. Though, jeez that wing is close to the deck see_no_evil.gif.405888ff9078f30e1e55f7c227388916.gif

Cheers,

Rodger

Hi gang... Checking out the photo history it appears to be a Argentenian Air Force Tornado and upon running the photo through some of my businesses forensic photo analysis software it scrubs up as a bona-fired photo. Though, jeez that wing is close to the deck see_no_evil.gif.405888ff9078f30e1e55f7c227388916.gifCheers,

Rodger

It cannot be a Argentina Air force Tornado (unless they stole one). They have never operated the Tornado. The Royal Air Force, German Air Force, Italian Air Force and the Royal Saudi Air Force 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif did however.

Hi gang... Checking out the photo history it appears to be a Argentenian Air Force Tornado and upon running the photo through some of my businesses forensic photo analysis software it scrubs up as a bona-fired photo. Though, jeez that wing is close to the deck see_no_evil.gif.405888ff9078f30e1e55f7c227388916.gifCheers,

Rodger

I think the crooks are one step ahead of you spy ware ,

Needs an upgrade maybe?

If that's a genuine photo the guys in the wrong buissines , he should be making $ 50.00 notes !

Cheers Mike 028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gif

My apologies guy, too long at work and too late at night... Re details of the low level Tornado photo here are the correct details. How I got Argentina into the mind, only coffee knows as damm it's nice drink late at night 063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

"It depicts a Tornado, in a clean configuration, perfoming an aggressive left turn at ultra low level, most probably immediately after take-off. If you look closely to the picture (whose author is unknown), you’ll notice the aircraft wears the typical sharkmouth of the 155° Gruppo of the 50° Stormo of the Aeronautica Militare (Italian Air Force, ItAF), based in Piacenza. Look at the following images I took on Mar. 11 at Pratica di Mare, where a Tornado ECR is currently involved in a testing campaign with the ItAF Flight Test Center, the RSV (Reparto Sperimentale Volo).

Therefore, the aircraft is Tornado ECR, completely clean and without the refueling probe. That maneuver resembles the typical John Derry turn to the left performed at the beginning of each Tornado display by the 311° Gruppo Volo of the RSV. I analysed the EXIF of the image and I found that it was taken on Dec 18, 2008, at 14.09 LT, with a Canon EOS 350D, 234mm focal length, ISO400. On that day, Piacenza airbase was still closed (it reopened on Dec. 19) and the 155° was still operating from Cameri airbase (the deployment started at the beginning of Sept. 2008, even if the aircraft flew the first operative mission on Sept. 16, and ended on Feb 3, 2009, with a ceremony for the farewell to the Tonkas). Maybe the maneuver was performed at Cameri, perhaps by a test pilot of the RSV involved in some kind of testing activity, or simply by a pilot of the 50° Stormo during a test/acceptance sortie. For sure, it is not a normal take off or flyby."

Cheers gang 070_sleep.gif.1c8d367a0c12958f2106584470af404d.gif

Rodger

For sure, it is not a normal take off or flyby."

Cheers gang 070_sleep.gif.1c8d367a0c12958f2106584470af404d.gif

Rodger

Well that's a relief. I thought they might be doing this on a daily basis & keeping the mistakes secret.