Relocating the office...where to?

kaz3g

How come a consultant got into the Unis?Where were all the computer deans/professors/tutors researchers?

They should have been doing that work and teaching at the same time.

I thought a uni is a place ones goes to learn.

Regards

Keith Page

Um... they needed someone to actually do something...003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Haha 1

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No cross-strip! Where is the grass?Kaz

Yes, there is a cross-strip. The main strip is bitumen 05/23 about 1200m - that's the black one 1034696278_smilewink.gif.ed7fdc2fc83609d72c7ceb202304f425.gif .

The cross strip is grass 08/26 and about 600m - that's the green brownish one, there is a war drought on y'know.

When there's any significant wind in that area it always blows from WSW or NE so a north/south strip isn't needed.

Inglewood2.jpg.da1e48731c42bcc726827afa28247eab.jpg

I was talking to the local councillor at Inglewood when I was there last year...they are real keen to support aviation there and they have this magnificent strip too and all the locals love aviation too...the only thing they don't like is all the trucks going through the town

Hervey Bay ,,,not a chance,,,ASIC must be worn or the storm troopers WILL be deployed,,,,Maryborough just down the road would be a great choice and there's a fairly big pool of people to source staff.

I've just read through this whole thread, there will be many great airfields that will be too far for someone, Temora is a great field, so to Narromine, Mangalore has a lot of facilities but a pretty intensive training operation( and if you've never flown around with sausage factory OS pilots it's an experience to be sure) , I like the idea of RAA having a home on an airfield, it's probably more that it's a place we can call "the home of ultra lighting " ,but also having a central place where instructor and maintainer training can be conducted, our annual flyin can bring a focus to our sport and we have the option of going there easily if we want to. Coupled with the need to get systems in place to drag the whole lot into the 21st century, we should be looking to the future, and as it seems there's a changing of the guard( OLD) we might even see an end to the crap about the SAAA , just my thoughts ,but it might be a new direction the sport needs to move forward

Matty

What about that peckerhead Newman. He doesn't like large gatherrings.

"of criminals" - it used to be consorting, which was an offence then too, until the left wing removed it. Invasion of privacy BS - forget about those victims of crime[until experienced peronally].

• Agree 2

Well Don

Interesting view.. However far from true.

I do ask why do so many of over the boarder mob invade us and stay? The other point the place is infested with southerns during the winter months.

They even have the hide to try and convert us to Day Light Saving saying how wonderful DLS is.

Something must be OK for them to stay and complain.

Regards

Keith Page.

• Haha 1

Only problem with Inglewood is it's in the wrong time zone. Every time we have to cross the border into Qld we have to wind our watches back 200 years . . . 114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

Well, yes, we found that when we moved from Sydney to a rural property near Clifton. It's quite old-fashioned; the tradesmen come when they say they will, the postman knows the names of the people on his round; the post office will accept an unstamped letter left in the box, and send a slip with what we owe in postage - or the change if we put cash with the letter because we're out of stamps; the vendor of the block of land put us onto a house that was available and could be moved onto it. The people are friendly. One can leave one's house unlocked, and the neighbour's kids can leave their bikes by the letterbox after riding to catch the school bus. Really backward, after Sydney.

• Like 4

Good on you Dafydd you get the yeh of the day.

You forgot to mention the "Are you OKs" when thind are not that bright. that is rural living for us in Qld.

Now get out of that Don.

Regards

Keith Page

A PA was made in an airline going to BNE along the lines of ,"put your watch back an hour and your mind back 15 years". The Q'lders were somewhat offended at this, not realising how pleasant most things were 15 years before. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well, yes, we found that when we moved from Sydney to a rural property near Clifton. It's quite old-fashioned; the tradesmen come when they say they will, the postman knows the names of the people on his round; the post office will accept an unstamped letter left in the box, and send a slip with what we owe in postage - or the change if we put cash with the letter because we're out of stamps; the vendor of the block of land put us onto a house that was available and could be moved onto it. The people are friendly. One can leave one's house unlocked, and the neighbour's kids can leave their bikes by the letterbox after riding to catch the school bus. Really backward, after Sydney.

HA. Next you'll be saying that it's always warm and comfortable up there. I've left from near Clifton in the early morning to return to civilisation and STILL had ice on the damn (car) windscreen when coming down the last Moonbi hill into Tamworth. You have snakes up there that can kill by just glancing in your direction, spiders that kill the snakes in spido-a-snako disputes, frogs that bark like the hound of the Baskervilles, soil that swallows entire small villages in one gulp when it rains and an electricity supply that shuts down if someone spits within a kilometer of the transformer. At least down here at North Macquarie Island, the climate is predictable and the damn frogs don't bark.

• Haha 2

I have a theory with what should happen at the border crossing into Qld by mexicans of all types. We tip them all upside down until all the money drops out. Tell them they have had a great time; they must have as they have no money left, then send them home again, happy as a lark. The money gets distributed across the state.

Benefits include, less darn caravans on the highway doing 80kph and less whinging about how much better things are back home.

The invasion by southerners is called up here mothers day and fathers day.... because the caravans start on the roads up here from mothers day cause its getting cold down south so they head up here then they all piss off back home on fathers day when it starts getting too hot for them....mark my works just take note next time your driving

I have a theory with what should happen at the border crossing into Qld by mexicans of all types. We tip them all upside down until all the money drops out. Tell them they have had a great time; they must have as they have no money left, then send them home again, happy as a lark. The money gets distributed across the state.Benefits include, less darn caravans on the highway doing 80kph and less whinging about how much better things are back home.

I can not believe how much they whinge about us and brag about how good and clever they are.

When they eventually get here we get a bagging about being behind the times just to top it all off they put along the roads holding us up.

Here is a good one there was once a police Sargent at Tiaro he booked the very slow ones.. For:- "Preventing the free flow of traffic", after that I think a couple would move over and let others past.

Regards

Keith Page.

When they eventually get here we get a bagging about being behind the times just to top it all off they put along the roads holding us up.

....and then we start criticising you for your grammar ay

• Haha 1