Best value for money ?

Russ

David Clark ,,,,,you can get them pretty cheap second hand and they're bullet proof,,,I've had three sets for eight years and never an issue!Matty

Any David Clark suitable for trike flying---ie windy conditions

• Caution 1

The Recreational Flying ones are David Clark copies and enhanced further with gold connectors etc at a third of the price

Sounds ok

I have a telephone plug on the end of mine - how can I convert from more conventional plugs ? Apart from cutting off and working out which wire goes where...

Sounds okI have a telephone plug on the end of mine - how can I convert from more conventional plugs ? Apart from cutting off and working out which wire goes where...

Personally I would go the other way if you can and change the female phone plugs to GA type so you can always use a standard aviation headset. The GA female connectors are about $6 each

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Try them on first is my advice. We all have different heads and different size ears, and I have a set that is comfortable but not as god active noise cancellation. I find reducing pain on the ears after flying for hours is essential. If you try lots on you can see what works for you and what you need to trade off on. I don't think you can say a specific type is best as you really need to see what fits you. Ryan

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

The Recreational Flying ones are David Clark copies and enhanced further with gold connectors etc at a third of the price

How do you get around copying some else's product , I don't know the ins and outs of patents but publicly stating you've copied someone's product is kinda dangerous I'd think ,

Patent has expired and there are many dc copies/clones out there. But also you can note that they are improved as well like 2db better noise reduction, gold plated plugs for better connection, better headpad and more. What you will find is that most of the dc parts will fit the rec fly headsets if you ever wanted to go down that track

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

Personally I would go the other way if you can and change the female phone plugs to GA type so you can always use a standard aviation headset. The GA female connectors are about $6 each

Are the $6 female pieces gold plated too? If they are not wouldn't you lose the advantage of your gold plugs?

Are the $6 female pieces gold plated too? If they are not wouldn't you lose the advantage of your gold plugs?

You would lose 50% of having both gold male and female connectors compared to 100% of not having any gold contacts 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif003_cheezy_grin.gif.045ea30218c055c2781fc6f7d18be527.gif

So you think it would be worth trying to source gold plated jacks then. Another question when they are the female part, Why are they called Jacks?

Now, where is that anatomy reference book again??

I live in an area with a pretty big club and i tried several of the top ones. I settled on Bose ANR top of the range and i couldnt be happier. The DC in my oppinion are good value , but the light speed and Bose are standouts. If budget is important then DC.. If your going the long term approach the bose with ANR are in my opinion unbeatable.

• Like 1

Gold plated is BS, same as with HiFi. Either they connect or they don't. The electrons don't know whether they are flowing through gold or copper.

They b----y know if they're trying to flow through oxide! The gold is an anti-corrosive, looks better than vaseline (smells better too?)

• Agree 4

Gold is the 3rd best conductor

resistivity Ag 15.9 (nΩ-m)

resistivity Cu 17.2 (nΩ-m)

resistivity Au 22.14 (nΩ-m)

resistivity Al 28.2 (nΩ-m)