VH-TLV

davidc95

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a hoax - he is talking about lowering landing gear and that model is fixed gear. And the sound track doesnt sound like an aircraft call when he speaks.

If you guys don't believe me, you can download a snippet of the liveatc.net recordings yourself. I do not have the free time to make up a hoax ATC recording. Download at http://www.liveatc.net/archive.php, choose YBBN Grd/Tow/App/Dep and choose zulu time of around 13:00.

If you guys don't believe me, you can download a snippet of the liveatc.net recordings yourself. I do not have the free time to make up a hoax ATC recording. Download at http://www.liveatc.net/archive.php, choose YBBN Grd/Tow/App/Dep and choose zulu time of around 13:00.

I have listened to the recording so I believe you and thanks for posting about this. Because it isn't in the news it could have been a training drill. Couldn't have been a hoax person with an air band radio as the Brisb ctr says they had him at 8 mins from the coast

We believe you , i listend to those recordings to and i think the pilots a hoax , the recordings repeat them selves ,

How many times did that controler clear that plane to FL 180 ?

• Agree 1

Take it easy .................. Nobody is saying they don't believe YOU.

They are just examining what might have happened.

Could be real, could be not, but given the nature of the drama that you heard, you would expect this to be all over the news this morning if it were kosher. Imagine the headline ...... 'Ultralight Lost on Cloud"

• Agree 1

I have listened to the recording so I believe you and thanks for posting about this. Because it isn't in the news it could have been a training drill. Couldn't have been a hoax person with an air band radio as the Brisb ctr says they had him at 8 mins from the coast

We believe you , i listend to those recordings to and i think the pilots a hoax , the recordings repeat them selves ,How many times did that controler clear that plane to FL 180 ?

Haha, so it is either a hoax, a training drill or a massive conspiracy 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif? I've been listening to liveatc.net for ages and never heard a training drill with this much sophistication.

I have not listened to the recordings, due to my very slow internet connection. Getting call signs confused led to a delay in the search for an aircraft I had dealings with in 1996. The aircraft was VH-TCN, but was misheard as ECN, which, when the owner was contacted, was determined to be a different make and tucked up for the night in its hangar. We knew he had departed the afternoon before and had not arrived at his destination. It was a farmer who found the wreck after the Alert phase was cancelled and the calls deemed a hoax. Read the story here:

http://www.atsb.com.au/publications/investigation_reports/1996/aair/aair199602526.aspx

Hopefully it was only a training exercise. If so, perhaps they could broadcast a "this was only an exercise" message, on conclusion, to allay public concern.

So similar post made to the PPRUNE site this morning by a user calling himself Mcoates, no other news at all, sounding tremendously dodgy to me, it's not April though?

Reading it now, definitely a hoax. The Wedgetail pilot did sound the same as the presumably-dead pilot, did not appear on the radar, would not respond to Rescue 500s calls and had no idea what he was talking about.

How this passes as humor is beyond me, hopefully some jail time comes out of this. Gotta commend ATC for their professionalism.

• Agree 3

Also how did this hoax even work out? Surely a transmitter on the ground wouldn't have a hope in hell of communicating with Brissie Centre. It would have to have been done offshore or in the air.

• Informative 1

Also how did this hoax even work out? Surely a transmitter on the ground wouldn't have a hope in hell of communicating with Brissie Centre. It would have to have been done offshore or in the air.

Or on top of a hill ?

Can talk with Brissy Ctr on the ground at Bundy / Hervey Bay and many other airports.

• Haha 1

Davidc95 why did u remove your photo today. It was there last night when you first posted.

The pic was outdated. But how did you know I had a picture last night if you only joined today?