RPL recognition of Cross Country Endorsement

DrZoos

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think youv'e got problems getting an RPL. I am in the process og getting a new part 61 lPPL, Did my flight revue on 11 April and it should have been automatic to get the new licence. I did get a licence in mid June, but it had retractable undercarriage and no tailwheel endorsement. I have never flown a retractable and I only fly taildraggers, except when I do a flight revue.

If I am waiting 4 months for something so easy, you are probably never going to get a licence.

You think youv'e got problems getting an RPL. I am in the process og getting a new part 61 lPPL, Did my flight revue on 11 April and it should have been automatic to get the new licence. I did get a licence in mid June, but it had retractable undercarriage and no tailwheel endorsement. I have never flown a retractable and I only fly taildraggers, except when I do a flight revue.

If I am waiting 4 months for something so easy, you are probably never going to get a licence.

Good point. But that doesn't change the fact that it is a waste of money and I never said my spelling was perfect so you can stick it.

I wasn't born here (but did primary and secondary school in Australia) and I've found written English among Australian-born people to be, on the whole, atrocious.

That said, be glad you can get an ELP6; the test fees for full ELP testing are ridiculous!

Good point. But that doesn't change the fact that it is a waste of money and I never said my spelling was perfect so you can stick it.

I wasn't born here (but did primary and secondary school in Australia) and I've found written English among Australian-born people to be, on the whole, atrocious.

That said, be glad you can get an ELP6; the test fees for full ELP testing are ridiculous!

When it's like that you usually get subtitles. Nev

Im flying at Port Macquarie, so with all the Chinese Trainees everything is in subtitles...just for flying at port mac, you should get an automatic pass in non english speaking interpretation...

When it's like that you usually get subtitles. Nev

Im flying at Port Macquarie, so with all the Chinese Trainees everything is in subtitles...just for flying at port mac, you should get an automatic pass in non english speaking interpretation...

I wasn't born here (but did primary and secondary school in Australia) and I've found written English among Australian-born people to be, on the whole, atrocious. That said, be glad you can get an ELP6; the test fees for full ELP testing are ridiculous!

You must be mixing with the lower end of the socio-economic scale because up at the end I come from our spelling is top notch.

I wasn't born here (but did primary and secondary school in Australia) and I've found written English among Australian-born people to be, on the whole, atrocious. That said, be glad you can get an ELP6; the test fees for full ELP testing are ridiculous!

You must be mixing with the lower end of the socio-economic scale because up at the end I come from our spelling is top notch.

Guest Maj Millard

It's looks to me that the CASA RPL is nothing more than a thinly disguised PPL restricted by another name. A leopard doesn't easily change its spots. Does however highlight the freedoms that we have in RAA without the real BS.

Does however support the requirement that a government department can't support a monopoly.

It's looks to me that the CASA RPL is nothing more than a thinly disguised PPL restricted by another name. A leopard doesn't easily change its spots. Does however highlight the freedoms that we have in RAA without the real BS.Does however support the requirement that a government department can't support a monopoly.

Yet the rules around RAA imply conscripted membership. No ticket - no start.

While I'm on tailwheel training - if a RPL or PPL holder with only Piper PA-28 experience rocks up I recommend that they go away and learn how to fly something like a Cessna 150/152 to save some money rather than chew it up at a higher rate on the Decathlon. And, when I send the endorsement form to CASA I attach a letter stating that I deviated from their standards because I considered some aspect to be stupid and dangerous.

Why a 150/152 in this particular situation? Is that just to get high wing time?

Guest Maj Millard
Yet the rules around RAA imply conscripted membership. No ticket - no start.

Since CASA refuses to fund us appropriately ( a measly $70K, our estimate is we do aeprpund $1.5 mil worth of work for them annually) we are forced to rely on the generosity and financial support of our members to keep our sport alive. CASA on the other hand receives in the region of $60 million from the government, and even reports an annual profit !.....

Why a 150/152 in this particular situation? Is that just to get high wing time?

I heard people say that it shouldn't be allowed to teach in a piper, the first one I landed I was surprised how easy it was and that is the problem, they are too easy to land compared to other aircraft.

• Like 1

Since CASA refuses to fund us appropriately ( a measly $70K, our estimate is we do aeprpund $1.5 mil worth of work for them annually) we are forced to rely on the generosity and financial support of our members to keep our sport alive. CASA on the other hand receives in the region of $60 million from the government, and even reports an annual profit !.....

So what part of your statement makes CASA a monopoly and RA-AUS not?

While I don't agree with the whole funding (or lack of it), I don't think you can try and argue CASA is a monopoly, they are not a company out to make money but a Government Agency providing regulation and oversight (and recovering costs). If CASA made an annual profit then they wouldn't need money from the Government, unless you are including that funding as part of the profit/loss statement, in which case almost every Government Dept would be considered profit making.

Guest Maj Millard
So what part of your statement makes CASA a monopoly and RA-AUS not?While I don't agree with the whole funding (or lack of it), I don't think you can try and argue CASA is a monopoly, they are not a company out to make money but a Government Agency providing regulation and oversight (and recovering costs). If CASA made an annual profit then they wouldn't need money from the Government, unless you are including that funding as part of the profit/loss statement, in which case almost every Government Dept would be considered profit making.

Rhysmcc....Once again you have misunderstood what I have stated. I didn't say CASA ( or any other Gov department) was a monopoly, rather that the RAAus was seen as a manopoly which was against government policy. So they came up with a poorly thought out RPL program which is still suffering from ongoing development and is way less successfully than anticipated at this time. Additionally the actual benefits of holding an RPL ( over an RAA cert) and the medical requirements thereof are also still unclear.

It's looks to me that the CASA RPL is nothing more than a thinly disguised PPL restricted by another name. A leopard doesn't easily change its spots. Does however highlight the freedoms that we have in RAA without the real BS.Does however support the requirement that a government department can't support a monopoly.

It's a GA rating for GA pilots and makes perfect sense in that arena, allowing older GA pilots to keep flying.

It's RA people who have produced all the conspiracy stories, and tried to do the equivalent of gutting a rabbit from the outside.