Just a little bit tight !!

As long as there`s enough wing clearance, any pilot worth their salt, should be able to land in the wheel tracks of the aircraft, but when I see a video like the above one, I can`t help thinking, " I wonder if they would survive an engine failure, over those trees"?

Frank.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

What I don't understand is why? Why risk landing there which hardly has any room for error?

I can only put it down to a lot of these guys fly everyday weather permitting. They use their aircraft like we use vehicles and maybe the pilot likes the challenge I guess.

I have noticed pilots like the occasional challenge. The extra adrenalin can carry the day Keeping management of the show on track must not be sacrificed. Eg go around if you are unsure of something important not being right. Nev

Yeah,Yeah!...I`ve always loved a challenge too, but the times the engine quit, I always had somewhere to land safely or I wouldn`t be here with you guys now.

My current Rotax 503 DCDI has done 430 hrs, without a single miss, I almost trust it, ........Havn`t changed my method of flying though.

Frank.

• Like 2

Yeah,Yeah!...I`ve always loved a challenge too, but the times the engine quit, I always had somewhere to land safely or I wouldn`t be here with you guys now.

My current Rotax 503 DCDI has done 430 hrs, without a single miss, I almost trust it, ........Havn`t changed my method of flying though.

Frank.

I totally agree Frank. It isn't something I would do but looking at so many videos coming out of places like Alaska and the back country. It seems to be the norm with mountain flying to fly over tiger country.

Wasn`t having a go at you at all, Dazza, just used you quote to make the point and I`m going to keep hammering it, because it appears the message is not getting through to some.

I`ve just back from a magic flight.

Frank.

• Like 1

I totally agree Frank. It isn't something I would do but looking at so many videos coming out of places like Alaska and the back country. It seems to be the norm with mountain flying to fly over tiger country.

I think its because they have very little options over there apart from tiger country. I fly single engine without a safe option regularly but it isnt by choice, the boss isnt keen on paying for the 2nd engine yet

• Agree 1

I think its because they have very little options over there apart from tiger country.

Yeah,fair enough, it`s called a calculated risk and they are prepared to take it.

I fly single engine without a safe option regularly but it isnt by choice, the boss isnt keen on paying for the 2nd engine yet

There`s a difference between commercial and recreational flying, the recreational pilot makes his/her own decisions.

Frank.