Warning - iOS 8.3 upgrade breaks iPad connection to external GPS

ayavner

It's only been 82 days since Apple stuffed us up. Good to see they didn't break a leg in the rush to fix their stupid mistake.

This episode has soured me of Apple. I was rushing down that track because of how impressed I was with OzRunways. After my first iPad I bought two iPhones and an iPad mini. Was planning with my next laptop to go all Apple. No way that will happen now and if the Android version of OzRunways catches up I'll switch to Android and flog off all the Apple stuff.

Treat your customers with this level of contempt and intense dislike is what you breed.

• Agree 2

The Android is a clone, if you leave apple you will regret. There are many bugs that get picked up in the android system , just turfed my samsung in the S bend and flushed, 8 months of headache is enough. Have 4 of my staff crush theirs, i have got them back to apple.

My suppliers overseas are also changing back to apple after a painful experience.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

Interesting experience. I am planning to ignore the Apple slogan about "It just works" and will be very circumspect about upgrades in future. Not planning to throw the baby out with the bathwater but am still very PO with Apple and their arrogance.

Australia and the US are both about 45% market share for Apple. Once upon a time, Apple where 30% of the PC market, people get tired of paying a premium for technology once the novelty wears off and their market share dropped to 3% in the early 2000s and has picked up to 6% now.

For me the novelty of continuously "fighting" with the behemoth software that started as the meek and mild Dos + Windows, then Windows 95 (ok but buggy), then Windows 98 (somewhat useless) then Windows Millenium Edition (so bad that if you dropped it to ISIS on the battlefield you'd have them surrendering in droves) through XP (the best version they made) then the lumbering bumbling juggernaut of Vista to get everything to work correctly was the novelty which wore off and saw me convert to Apple.

• Agree 1

I got an Android. Samsung to use with Avplan, but it was useless, still is useless and the onlyreason i have it is because I ave about $200 invested in the sim card. Not going to get my moneys worth with that as there is no reception where I live.

I bought an Apple tablet and it is just great, better so see in sunlight and the battery lasts much longer.

Even so I still prefer to use the garmin 196 when flying and have the iPad as a map backup. Possibly in a wider cockpit I would use it more.